British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BuxtonTiger

Premiership Youth League

Now that the Premiership has started it's league fixtures, can anyone please give details of the proposed youth league fixtures.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Now that the Premiership has started it's league fixtures, can anyone please give details of the proposed youth league fixtures.

Short answer is NO.

No team line ups, no fixtures, nothing……again.

• Like 1

Starting to get / look very silly now. Ive heard squeaks of line ups from some teams and whilst better than expected its still not to thrill the paying public especially when the riders won'tbe turning up and riding for nothing so the costs get passed on.

I think we all know what the original agenda was here.

Create a PLJL to gain assets for PL Clubs

Create a PLJL to try to close 3rd Tier (a couple of years ago b4 Plymouth and Kent moved up after Somerset closed unexpectedly)

Neuter IOW who BSPL MC whose model and success BSPL were scared of . That left Mildenhall as stand-alone and they hoped to fob them off with some Shared meetings, fair play to Mildenhall though they stodd their ground and NDL regained strength with doubling up Teams coming in to join them.

The PLJL no longer serves a purpose for PL or BSPL so it's been quietly kicked in to the very long grass.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Shock and surprise, two fixtures today!!  Peterborough v Ipswich and Wolves v Belle Vue. Any team news?

Peterborough's website has the teams listed for their match;

PETERBOROUGH THUNDERCATS: Sam Bebee, Max Perry, Ben Trigger, Arran Butcher.
IPSWICH RESERVES: Alex Spooner, Sam Woods, Jacob Clouting, Josh Warren.

• Thanks 1

I was so surprised lately when I discovered that Premiership Junior League is in progress. I wonder why they do not write about it at all at Speedway Star?

On 9/5/2022 at 12:07 PM, Vicar said:

I was so surprised lately when I discovered that Premiership Junior League is in progress. I wonder why they do not write about it at all at Speedway Star?

e-mail star@pinegen.co.uk and ask them if they would cover it. If you don't ask, you don't get.

I though they don't need request from reader to cover speedway meetings in their paper

Well done to Belle Vue, Sheffield, and Wolverhampton on completing the Northern section riding their two home and two away fixtures.

Congratulations to Wolverhampton who have qualified for the "final that never will be", as the Southern section couldn't be bothered.

Shame on King's Lynn and Ipswich who staged just 1 fixture, and Peterborough who didn't even bother staging any at all!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

Well done to Belle Vue, Sheffield, and Wolverhampton on completing the Northern section riding their two home and two away fixtures.

Congratulations to Wolverhampton who have qualified for the "final that never will be", as the Southern section couldn't be bothered.

Shame on King's Lynn and Ipswich who staged just 1 fixture, and Peterborough who didn't even bother staging any at all!

Are you sure ? I thought Jason Pipe sorted Peterborough matches out as he was moaning how difficult it was to get riders to commit to them.

1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Are you sure ? I thought Jason Pipe sorted Peterborough matches out as he was moaning how difficult it was to get riders to commit to them.

Here you go:-

NORTH

Belle Vue

Belle Vue 22  Sheffield 5
Belle Vue 11 Wolverhampton 24

Sheffield

Sheffield 6 Belle Vue 23
Sheffield 17 Wolverhampton 18

Wolverhampton

Wolverhampton 24 Belle Vue 12
Wolverhampton 18 Sheffield 14

SOUTH 

Ipswich  

Ipswich 13 Peterborough 21

King's Lynn

King's Lynn 22 Peterborough 13

Peterborough 

None staged.

• Thanks 1

On 10/6/2022 at 8:44 PM, PotteringAround said:

Here you go:-

NORTH

Belle Vue

Belle Vue 22  Sheffield 5
Belle Vue 11 Wolverhampton 24

Sheffield

Sheffield 6 Belle Vue 23
Sheffield 17 Wolverhampton 18

Wolverhampton

Wolverhampton 24 Belle Vue 12
Wolverhampton 18 Sheffield 14

SOUTH 

Ipswich  

Ipswich 13 Peterborough 21

King's Lynn

King's Lynn 22 Peterborough 13

Peterborough 

None staged.

So he/they didn’t stage any but they competed in two matches , one more than the other two teams.

Just another speedway idea that wasn’t thought through are tackled with any enthusiasm.

Edited by Fortythirtyeight
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

So he/they didn’t stage any but they competed in two matches.

Yes.  They didn't stage any.  That's what I said.   They turned up to the other teams staging matches, but didn't stage any of their matches.

45 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Just another speedway idea that wasn’t thought through are tackled with any enthusiasm.

The Northern group didn't seem to have any problems. All teams raced all 4 fixtures .   The Southern group managed to stage just 2 matches between the lot of them.

Edited by PotteringAround

Does anyone have the line ups from the completed matches? Would be interesting to see if the intended level was achieved?