British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

16.05. Aces v Stars - league

Looking forward to the first evening of league action at the NSS when the Kings Lynn Stars visit, Aces finished bottom of the Northern League Cup while the visitors topped the Southern section but Belle Vue have made changes and have started the league with home and away wins v/s the Panthers, whereas the Stars league campaign got off to a spluttering start at Monmore Green live on Eurosport.
Assume NKI is still @#1 for Kings Lynn or has that changed now Eliteserien is underway (I'm sure I saw his name on a scorecard from Tuesday).

As far as  can work out Iversen is sharing his Danish place with Woffy and one assumes he's stepped aside for a time which allows him to do Poland, Sweden and the UK. 

Difficult to judge Lynn too stringently after five meetings as we didn't face a full strength side in the cup matches and had all three heatleaders either unwell or injured at a wet Monmore. As ever would like to think we can get at least a point away from home even allowing for BV's power and its a track most of our riders should like and have scored well at before. But BV look a very, very good side and have if course walloped P'boro twice recently. 

57 minutes ago, Col said:

Looking forward to the first evening of league action at the NSS when the Kings Lynn Stars visit, Aces finished bottom of the Northern League Cup while the visitors topped the Southern section but Belle Vue have made changes and have started the league with home and away wins v/s the Panthers, whereas the Stars league campaign got off to a spluttering start at Monmore Green live on Eurosport.
Assume NKI is still @#1 for Kings Lynn or has that changed now Eliteserien is underway (I'm sure I saw his name on a scorecard from Tuesday).

I don't think you can judge by the Cup matches. BV's group looked tougher to me. The Stars wouldn't of topped your group, and your a lot stronger now. I assume we have Niels, but not heard nothing yet. Your in with a good shout of winning the league with Zagar for me.. Richard hasn't been up to his usual self for us this season. Hasn't looked that fast to me. Hope he has sorted it for this one. I would be happy with a point, but think it will be more like 52-38. 

5 hours ago, Col said:

Yes, NKI rode for Indianerna on Tuesday and Esbjerg in Denmark yesterday. As far as I know he is still riding for Lodz in the Polish first division so I don't know how this will affect King's Lynn. 

So in the first division it's two other leagues you can race in?

4 hours ago, tocha said:

Yes, NKI rode for Indianerna on Tuesday and Esbjerg in Denmark yesterday. As far as I know he is still riding for Lodz in the Polish first division so I don't know how this will affect King's Lynn. 

He’s not the only one doing 4 leagues - Nick Morris in the last week has ridden in the Polish Division 2, in the Danish League and obviously Leicester and Wolves too. Adam Ellis is also doing the same as Nick Morris but with Sweden instead of Denmark. He’s actually done some French matches too, although that doesn’t seem to count.

Interesting that Thomas Jorgensen was blocked from signing for a Championship side because he was signed to Gdansk in Poland, where he rode a grand total of 1 meeting so far, Denmark and then Kings Lynn.

Edited by Najjer

39 minutes ago, Trees said:

So in the first division it's two other leagues you can race in?

Yes - although if Lodz have okay’d it and are happy for Iversen to ride elsewhere, I’m not sure if they can over ride the rule or not. As per my previous post, there is two cases of Ellis and Morris both riding for Daugavpils where they are riding for 4 sides in separate leagues.

Edited by Najjer

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

As per my previous post, there is two cases of Ellis and Morris both riding for Daugavpils where they are riding for 4 sides in separate leagues.

Lokomotiv are tier 3 now, I thought.

11 hours ago, Najjer said:

Yes - although if Lodz have okay’d it and are happy for Iversen to ride elsewhere, I’m not sure if they can over ride the rule or not. As per my previous post, there is two cases of Ellis and Morris both riding for Daugavpils where they are riding for 4 sides in separate leagues.

I suppose It is quite possible that Polish clubs are told that if they allow one of their riders to ride in more leagues than stipulated there is no RR facility should he get injured whilst riding in GB, Denmark or Sweden.

12 hours ago, Najjer said:

He’s not the only one doing 4 leagues - Nick Morris in the last week has ridden in the Polish Division 2, in the Danish League and obviously Leicester and Wolves too. Adam Ellis is also doing the same as Nick Morris but with Sweden instead of Denmark. He’s actually done some French matches too, although that doesn’t seem to count.

Interesting that Thomas Jorgensen was blocked from signing for a Championship side because he was signed to Gdansk in Poland, where he rode a grand total of 1 meeting so far, Denmark and then Kings Lynn.

That was just the story that was put out to make it sound better. The Poles had no problem with it.

12 hours ago, Najjer said:

Pretty sure GB would count as 1 out of the allowance(ie countries as against leagues) i should imagine the 2 leagues in Sweden are treated the same.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wtf said:

That was just the story that was put out to make it sound better. The Poles had no problem with it.

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Pretty sure GB would count as 1 out of the allowance(ie countries as against leagues) i should imagine the 2 leagues in Sweden are treated the same.

Not according to from what I was led to believe - Jorgensen was blocked (not by the Poles) as it would exceed his allocation of teams allowed by promotors in GB, as they had counted the two leagues over here. Wasn’t there a similar case for Riss having to drop a foreign side to sign for Redcar because he was already riding for Ipswich?

28 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Not according to from what I was led to believe - Jorgensen was blocked (not by the Poles) as it would exceed his allocation of teams allowed by promotors in GB, as they had counted the two leagues over here. Wasn’t there a similar case for Riss having to drop a foreign side to sign for Redcar because he was already riding for Ipswich?

Not disputing what you were led to believe, what a Championship club were led to believe. His blocking had nothing to do with league allocations, poles, whether you believe in Jesus or whether you voted for or against brexit. One person alone stopped him riding a short term deal in the championship. 

16 minutes ago, wtf said:

Not disputing what you were led to believe, what a Championship club were led to believe. His blocking had nothing to do with league allocations, poles, whether you believe in Jesus or whether you voted for or against brexit. One person alone stopped him riding a short term deal in the championship. 

was it god:D

• Like 1

Who is BV no8 considering looks like Jye has hurt his shoulder at Berwick reading speedway updates..?