British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

16.05. Aces v Stars - league

Showers forcast till 1900 so can definitely see an early call off due to injuries, 

Out of curiosity what time flight would zagar be on if he was fit to ride but Belle vue called meeting off

No cancellation as yet.

1 hour ago, DBP said:

Out of curiosity what time flight would zagar be on if he was fit to ride but Belle vue called meeting off

Arrival due at 13:30 flight from Katowice?  Or 15:40 from Krakow?  Guessing, can't see anything else due into Manchester airport today from Poland.

17 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Can’t see Zagar or Jye riding tomorrow. 

has to be rr for Jye which is ok. 

Zagar a big miss but with the extra average we can get as a guest there are some decent riders available 

MPT

douglas (if fit)

harris

becker

stevie 

Harris is guesting for Sheffield.  BV preview still states 'they are awaiting news on Ethridge'??  Thats despite the fact he's not riding for Berwick either Tuesday or Wednesday.??? :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Col said:

No cancellation as yet.

I see BV twitter has said heavy shower at 3pm and dry/sunny after. Depends how good the drainage is I guess. As long as it isn't an actual thunderstorm might be ok? 

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I see BV twitter has said heavy shower at 3pm and dry/sunny after. Depends how good the drainage is I guess. As long as it isn't an actual thunderstorm might be ok? 

The Met Office app has thunder storms and showers until 8pm, so it's just a matter of how lucky they are in Kirky Lane with where the rain falls or doesn't. 

29 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

The Met Office app has thunder storms and showers until 8pm, so it's just a matter of how lucky they are in Kirky Lane with where the rain falls or doesn't. 

Indeed. Just been messaging a friend who is less than a half mile up the road from me. It was dry and the sun was trying to break through with me, but bouncing down with rain at his place. 

• Like 1

Well if the weather is anything like it is 60 miles South it's turned into quite a nice day, so my Monday afternoon pilgrimage will commence shortly.

52 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Yes, and I notice they did actually put thunderstorms at 3pm rather than a heavy shower. So will do well to get it on imo. But they do seem keen too, so fair play. 

Edited by lisa-colette

38 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, and I notice they did actually put thunderstorms at 3pm rather than a heavy shower. So will do well to get it on imo. But they do seem keen too, so fair play. 

As long as there isn’t one after 7pm then it won’t be an issue. The track has excellent drainage, it hasn’t rained for days so track bone dry. I suspect they will be watering by start time.

• Like 2

Stars to win this now with Richie Worrall scoring a bucket load.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, TTT said:

Stars to win this now with Richie Worrall scoring a bucket load.

Not for me. I had it 52-38 before the injuries. Jye's home scores are 7,  2,  and 4. I can see RR getting 4 ish .MPT could get between 6 and 10, probably 7-8 from 4, making  the Aces a bit weaker. I still see the Aces getting the win by around 10 points. For the Stars to have a chance we need Lawson and Kerr to be on it. Richard has looked slow to me this year so far.

If you think it will be a Stars win, there could be decent odds on for you  365 later  :)

Edited by Bald Bloke

Raining again about six miles south of the stadium. Weird weather!