British Speedway Forum
gmuncie

Monarchs vs Lions May 13th

1 minute ago, JanAndersen said:

I’m not sure who he’s be a better option than but he’s in the country and looking for a team. 

That's the issue isn't it? There's so few riders available

Lions rode really well. Some bad luck for Monarchs which made it harder to keep in touch,  but they rely very heavily on Masters and Pickering (nod to Kye Thomson too who looks a good prospect) and the rest didn't really look great.

I want to say as well that I paid to watch on Monarchs TV and I was impressed by how good the presentation was, I'll certainly do that again.

Edited by 40-38
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Falling well short just now. It’ll need to get better soon or changes will be made. 

Just 9 points and 2 bonus from 4 Monarchs on their home track is not a statistic to remember fondly - even against a title challenging team like Leicester.    

• Like 1

Against a team with weak tail away from home that's a worry. Sarj maybe too many sleepless nights, poor time to have a bad night 

From a lions fan I didn't see us winning by that score. Thomson twins have struggled away from home and have missed Rowe tonight as well...reverse is a concern for you lot . 2 best riders in the league for Edinburgh and the rest are miles off in that team

Would have settled for a point before the meeting so delighted with 4 points. Whilst the Lions will be one of the stronger teams to visit Edinburgh this season, their reliance on Masters and Pickering will most likely cost them a play off place. Other than this pair, they only had one other race winner tonight. The writing is on the wall (whatever that means) when you need to use tactical substitutions at home. A pat on the back for Bickley tonight as it is highly unlikely that Rowe would have scored more than him.

Friday the 13th lived up to its name as the Monarchs delivered a truly dreadful performance.

The evening got off to the worst possible start as the lack of pre meeting parade meant we couldn't boo Richie Worrall and things didn't improve with James Sarjeant doing his best Justin Elkins impression throughout.

Having fallen 6 points behind, heat 6 looked the ideal opportunity to hit back straight away. That is, of course, unless you're the Monarchs management, who promptly left the lineup as per programme. The resulting 4-2 meant the gap was closed. However, somewhat embarrassingly, it only went the other way thereafter.

The tactical substitute eventually arrived in heat 11, as Jacob was Hooked and replaced by another Aussie who was only marginally better on the night.

As the Lions roared away into the distance (hats off for an excellent team display), the home fans yearned for better days ahead. Team changes were tentatively mentioned in conversation. One or two are unhappy with the Italian plumber, who obviously left his best bikes at Eurovision. Sadly though, it seems young Fredriksen is the most likely candidate for the chop. Should that happen, let's just hope we don't involve Police Scotland. They don't exactly have a particularly good record when it comes to Lasses.

Roll on next Friday. Hopefully we might score 40 for a change...

• Like 1

Looks like a trip to the Hillman Imp arena is a guaranteed 4 points to the league's big hitters 

Poor night overall, bottom end cost us tonight big time. Sarj with a off night, new baby abs sleepless nights probably doesn’t help. 
Lasse and Jacob struggling with the conditions last night probably never rode a track like it. 
much better from kye. Paco is frustrating as takes him 2/3 rides to actually be competitive which isn’t much good. 

worrall and Morris very good for the visitors. Other than that they were pretty ordinary and done the job required. Improvement needed or a couple of changes may be on the horizon.

12 hours ago, ScottyJ said:

From a lions fan I didn't see us winning by that score. Thomson twins have struggled away from home and have missed Rowe tonight as well...reverse is a concern for you lot . 2 best riders in the league for Edinburgh and the rest are miles off in that team

Joe didn't have a bad night!

23 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

Joe didn't have a bad night!

I think it's one Joe's best nights away from home in a while!

23 hours ago, ScottyJ said:

Think it will be close but the monarchs to edge it. Think the difference will be simply masters and Pickering. But I do think it will be close ! Wonder what reception ritchy will get 

I think you will find most Monarchs fans are very fond of Ritchie (King Jamie aside).  I wish he had returned this year

Congratulations to Leicester and nice to meet their happy travelling contingent

7 hours ago, snapper said:

Looks like it is time to get a couple of racesuits ordered :D

One size fits all :t: