British Speedway Forum
Normski

Berwick v Redcar Saturday 14/05/22 7pm

Minor tactical thing, wouldn't it been better if wells had an "engine failure" in heat 13 could've put Morris and pijper into 14?

Great performance from the injury hit Bandits 

They say things come in 3s… well, Leon, Ty and now Jye! On top of that, Theo sick before the meeting! Can the bad luck please just f**k off and leave us alone now… properly gutted at the fact we’ve lost.. on the bright side we stopped Redcar getting 4 points… with Jye riding  and the form he’s been on at home there’s no doubt to me we’d have won it with him! Couple of days for the lads to recover now and think about our guest situations now before hitting the road to Plymouth and Poole! 

Thought Riss was very impressive this evening backed up by Wright and once he got dialled in Kasper. Lots for the management to sort now with injuries . Onwards we go 

Berwick rode well considering they lost Jye in heat 1. Well done to Redcar.

Wonder if Charles could have been excluded for causing the accident in heat 1?

Lee seemed mad after getting pushed very wide by Adam on the first and second bend and had steamed passed when Adam fell.

Who was the referee as the listed referee was standing in the back of the box and not in control of the buttons? When I go to the football I usually get a trained referee and not a trainee doing a professional game.

31 minutes ago, Gambo95 said:

Lee seemed mad after getting pushed very wide by Adam on the first and second bend and had steamed passed when Adam fell.

Who was the referee as the listed referee was standing in the back of the box and not in control of the buttons? When I go to the football I usually get a trained referee and not a trainee doing a professional game.

Lee didn’t steam past when Adam fell ,he knocked him off on the way past, not many Berwick fans were complaining ,even on the 3rd bend.Good win for Bears but Berwick very unlucky losing Jye,think it probably made the difference.

Edited by Fromafar

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Lee didn’t steam past when Adam fell ,he knocked him off on the way past, not many Berwick fans were complaining ,even on the 3rd bend.

Spot on decision sadly. Lee gave Adam nowhere to go. 

1 hour ago, Gambo95 said:

I was standing at the bar on the back straight when Roynon fell. Complin hadn't steamed past he hit Roynon who was maybe going slower into the bend. No malice but Complin took him off.

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Minor tactical thing, wouldn't it been better if wells had an "engine failure" in heat 13 could've put Morris and pijper into 14?

Would've made no difference, if Morris had won heat 14, a 4-2 heat advantage would still have left Berwick 4 points down after heat 14.

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Would've made no difference, if Morris had won heat 14, a 4-2 heat advantage would still have left Berwick 4 points down after heat 14.

Or a 5-1 would have left them 2 points down ... it's all about tactics and playing the remaining options.

Well done to the Bears last night , taking advantage of Berwick's bad luck hope Jye won't be out long just when he was riding really well, certainly would have scored more than the 3 points his rides got.Two very  good guests for us last night,Flinty senior hopefully will get some of the same for our travels next week.Very good effort from the Bandits,Riss and Wright always ride Berwick well and our old friend Kasper as well,wish the Bandits good luck on their travels next week.

28 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

No one going to talk about how poor the track was compared to the rest of the season?

Was definitely not up to what it has been… whether they were thrown by the warmer weather or what… I don’t know! 

34 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

No one going to talk about how poor the track was compared to the rest of the season?

Agree track looked terrible and very dusty ..