British Speedway Forum
Normski

Berwick v Redcar Saturday 14/05/22 7pm

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Would've made no difference, if Morris had won heat 14, a 4-2 heat advantage would still have left Berwick 4 points down after heat 14.

Is ht14 a protected heat? No tac subs? 

2 minutes ago, redlead said:

Is ht14 a protected heat? No tac subs? 

No only heat 8 is protected

• Like 1

Least enjoyable meeting of the season so due to the stop start nature, understandable with the Jye Etheridge crash in Ht1, but the incessant tractor, water breaks meant the meeting took well over two hours to run. Berwick had very little luck and after losing Etheridge their task was virtually impossible but they did make a decent fist of things. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

No one going to talk about how poor the track was compared to the rest of the season?

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Cost us the meeting, no point in getting Complin as a guest and then having that track 

Completely agree, no excuses on track prep just now as there is no football so the track will be open all week. Maybe someone could point out a weather forecast or two and necessary preparations made. 

• Like 2

Not the greatest of spectacles as far as the racing goes and the Bears could be counted as a touch fortunate to race against a five man side but overall I think they deserved the win. The Bandits riders did seem a little disconcerted with the track which may have been drier than they expected meaning only three ‘ overtakes ‘ all meeting and two of them by the Bears ( Andersen and Jenkins ). The over worked Bandits battled hard right through till the end and Morris’s last race efforts denied the Bears the extra point. All the Bandits had the odd poor ride due to missing the gate but the main body scored well and kept it close throughout. Complin a little wild but entertaining although Roynon may not agree. Bickley hot and cold but old man Pijper impressed.

Bears we’re reasonably solid , heat leaders , particularly Riss,  did their job, Andersen rode as was expected at Berwick , Roynon did his role and the reserves were competitive .

Berwick understandably had plenty of track breaks to give their riders breathing space but there was also medical treatment handed out to both Etheridge and Roynon and the riders bikes were being weighed before and during the meeting by officials so yes, it did takes its toll.

Berwick is still a club to be admired the way it’s run, on a budget but professionally and with very friendly staff and supporters. Always an enjoyable club to visit .

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Or a 5-1 would have left them 2 points down ... it's all about tactics and playing the remaining options.

My point is they wouldn't have got a 5-1 as Pijper didn't beat Andersen in heat 14.

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Only in the Premiership, am I right?

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

18 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

No you can't do a TS in heat 8 in championship either. I believe difference in prem is you can't do a reserve change for your RS unless injured

7 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

No one going to talk about how poor the track was compared to the rest of the season?

Please don’t talk about the gate and go meetings,it’s not allowed.!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Was really worthwhile Harris missing the meeting to ride for GB...

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

The meeting took place this afternoon so clearly it was impossible for Harris to get from Berwick last night to Poland for a Sunday lunch time start, personally I would've much preferred Harris at Berwick last night but its not like that nowadays. Still he ended up with a bronze medal which is a decent return, might've been better had our former World Champ Tai Woffinden been in the team.

31 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Please don’t talk about the gate and go meetings,it’s not allowed.!!!!

Definitely not, and don't even think about mentioning that you cant pass at Berwick.

• Haha 2

Just now, screm said:

The meeting took place this afternoon so clearly it was impossible for Harris to get from Berwick last night to Poland for a Sunday lunch time start, personally I would've much preferred Harris at Berwick last night but its not like that nowadays. Still he ended up with a bronze medal which is a decent return, might've been better had our former World Champ Tai Woffinden been in the team.

With or without his 4 points from 5 rides still finish 3rd. You Berwick lot definitely a more forgiving bunch about these things than I would be!!

31 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Financially for him yes.