British Speedway Forum
Normski

Berwick v Redcar Saturday 14/05/22 7pm

I can understand the point of view that Brennan should have ridden for GB instead of Harris but once selected you can't turn down your country and Bomber has always represented GB with pride and given 100%. Disappointing Woffinden didn't ride, if he was standing aside for younger riders then fair enough but that obviously wasn't the case with Harris picked. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gambo95 said:

Who was the referee as the listed referee was standing in the back of the box and not in control of the buttons? When I go to the football I usually get a trained referee and not a trainee doing a professional game.

The official scorecard shows Chris Gay was the referee with Gary Allen as his trainee.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, redlead said:

Is ht14 a protected heat? No tac subs? 

Don't think u can use tac subs after heat 11? or one of the later heats. Scratching wot I av left of a brain :rolleyes:

Edited by Turnip

11 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Don't think u can use tac subs after heat 11? or one of the later heats. Scratching wot I av left of a brain :rolleyes:

I believe you are correct, at least that was probably the ruling last week. Every chance it will have changed by now.

15 minutes ago, Turnip said:

In the basic rules on Website it states that a tac sub can be used between Ht5 and heat 14 inclusive.but I’m sure your not allowed to use it in ht 8 in the Championship.But who knows.!!

Edited by Fromafar

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

In the basic rules on Website it states that a tac sub can be used between Ht5 and heat 14 inclusive.but I’m sure your not allowed to use it in ht 8 in the Championship.But who knows.!!

SR 012.4.4 a) is permitted on only one occasion in heat 5 – 14, excluding heat 8, when a team is 6 or more points in arrears

The rule is applicable to both PL & CL

Edited by NeilWatson
Clarity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

The official scorecard shows Chris Gay was the referee with Gary Allen as his trainee.

Thanks for the info.

Maybe having a trainee in charge and putting the red lights on when the riders are in the 3rd/4th bend with Lee Complin (after being taken out in a first bend incident) in the first bend fence isn't the best (was 2nd time I looked at the refs box).

Wonder if any of the races will be posted on social media like the last few weeks?

54 minutes ago, Gambo95 said:

Thanks for the info.

Maybe having a trainee in charge and putting the red lights on when the riders are in the 3rd/4th bend with Lee Complin (after being taken out in a first bend incident) in the first bend fence isn't the best (was 2nd time I looked at the refs box).

Wonder if any of the races will be posted on social media like the last few weeks?

Wasn’t  Video’d last night.

12 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

My point is they wouldn't have got a 5-1 as Pijper didn't beat Andersen in heat 14.

We will never know what might have happened ...

On 5/15/2022 at 8:57 AM, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

No one going to talk about how poor the track was compared to the rest of the season?

More excuses. Can't blame cracked exhausts. Ha ha. No Idea.

1 hour ago, Winditon said:

I mean we had 5 riders and lost by 4 points… wasn’t an excuse at all, just an observation as I’m not afraid to say our track was poor in comparison to other meetings, unlike you clowns with your trenches on bend 2, craters in bend 4 and 200 fans but all is fine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Winditon said:

At least you can blame a poor track for your Glasgow defeat.

On 5/15/2022 at 8:24 PM, NeilWatson said:

SR 012.4.4 a) is permitted on only one occasion in heat 5 – 14, excluding heat 8, when a team is 6 or more points in arrears

The rule is applicable to both PL & CL

It's so pointless making heat 8 a protected heat, unless number 7 has to be your weakest rider & not be allowed to be replaced as it is in the Prem (where the rule works).

Best example is Scunny vs Plymouth:

Palin & Lambert would get a protected heat 8 against Bowtell & Morley, but the far weaker Kingsley races against Barker & Palm Toft, which isn't a protected heat! 

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

It's so pointless making heat 8 a protected heat, unless number 7 has to be your weakest rider & not be allowed to be replaced as it is in the Prem (where the rule works).

Best example is Scunny vs Plymouth:

Palin & Lambert would get a protected heat 8 against Bowtell & Morley, but the far weaker Kingsley races against Barker & Palm Toft, which isn't a protected heat! 

You should be aware how Speedway makes up the rules as they go along by now.