British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole 20/5/22

Starting this one early. There are many Poole fans and fans of other clubs who would very much like to watch this meeting. But the cost of fuel and distance prohibits nearly every fan from coming up to Glasgow. A 918 mile round trip from Poole, taking 10-12 hours each way with breaks for food and rest. How about Glasgow putting on a live stream for this meeting? Even if it’s a single camera. I and many would be happy to pay £12 for the privilege of following the action this way. Pretty sure a few hundred would fork out to watch this battle. What about it Glasgow promotion?

As for the meeting, it should be a cracker. Both teams are destined for the playoffs. Glasgow with home advantage should win but Poole are no pushovers as the Tigers know from last season. 

Thoughts on the chances of a stream? Zero, or can it be suggested? And the meeting itself?

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Starting this one early. There are many Poole fans and fans of other clubs who would very much like to watch this meeting. But the cost of fuel and distance prohibits nearly every fan from coming up to Glasgow. A 918 mile round trip from Poole, taking 10-12 hours each way with breaks for food and rest. How about Glasgow putting on a live stream for this meeting? Even if it’s a single camera. I and many would be happy to pay £12 for the privilege of following the action this way. Pretty sure a few hundred would fork out to watch this battle. What about it Glasgow promotion?

As for the meeting, it should be a cracker. Both teams are destined for the playoffs. Glasgow with home advantage should win but Poole are no pushovers as the Tigers know from last season. 

Thoughts on the chances of a stream? Zero, or can it be suggested? And the meeting itself?

The promotion have already stated they are not streaming this season so I very much doubt it.

I do agree with you though this is a meeting that should be streamed if possible.

Someone has been filming for a couple of weeks from the scafolding tower on the first bend, perhaps a trial for streaming.

PIRATES to win 47-43  :cheers:

Will be a battle to the wire but the Pirates will not tire! :D

8 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

As Tyretrax says below someone has been filming and footage of one race was on the official Facebook page earlier this month. So maybe a chance of something happening. 

8 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A single camera stream is not within the rules of live streaming set by Eurosport unfortunately!

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

A single camera stream is not within the rules of live streaming set by Eurosport unfortunately!

Wot on earth av Eurosport got to do with BSN or an individual club's live stream?  

Edited by Turnip
  • Like 3

I have to agree with all the above , speedway's El Classico should be available to the wider speedway public . We cant all be privileged to be there in person like me 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Best to email the club direct. If enough Poole fans do that it might make a difference. There is a simple email contact form on the Glasgow website.

I've asked Danny Ford if he could make an official request.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Funnily enough I emailed Redcar on Thursday morning enquiring about a live stream and they replied no. Then about 6 hours later I got an email saying that they will now be doing a live stream. Let's hope Glasgow will do the same. 

• Like 2

I have contacted the club and sent the following message. Perhaps if enough did so we could sway them into providing a stream.

Hi there,
there are plenty of Poole and neutral fans who would love to watch this meeting on a live stream. I can understand under normal circumstances not offering a live feed but this is a top clash between the best two teams in the league, in a time when travelling the length of the county is prohibitive due to fuel costs.

I would be happy to pay for a stream even if it is a single camera setup to save costs. Pretty sure it would be well subscribed to. Please consider it.
Kind regards
Steve Shovlar

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Paulco said:

I have to agree with all the above , speedway's El Classico should be available to the wider speedway public . We cant all be privileged to be there in person like me 

Remember that Poole wouldn't stream the Playoff Final last season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Remember that Poole wouldn't stream the Playoff Final last season.

Only to certain people anyway ;)

59 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Only to certain people anyway ;)

What? did they stream it into the stadium bars?

14 hours ago, Turnip said:

Wot on earth av Eurosport got to do with BSN or an individual club's live stream?  

They own the broadcasting rights to ALL British speedway.