British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole 20/5/22

13 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Or maybe they just pass more than you give them credit for. As Lawson has passed other riders quite a bit this season tbf. Not sure if it is the same at Lynn @Bagpuss ?

Lisa, we watched Lawson from a raw Moto crosser at Workington to our no.1 for 3/4 years and I can count on 1 hand the times he passed anyone after 2nd bend. Although last night maybe makes 6.

It's not a criticism as such, he's a wonderful gater, and given injuries his brother suffered at Moto X not prepared to take unnecessary risks 

• Like 1

Despite my frustration at the long interval , which once again worked against us , I thoroughly enjoyed last night . Had you seen the sustained torrential rain that fell an hour or so before the start time , it was amazing that we had any speedway at all . 

Understable the opening three or four heats were uneventful as riders worked out the track conditions , after that though we were royally entertained . The unpredictable nature of what was happening made the meeting compelling . 

6 points down with three heats to go and things weren't looking good for the home side , and I actually thought Poole were looking like getting a four pointer.  But we fought back well and the culminating heat 15 was a bit of an epic .

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Paulco said:

Despite my frustration at the long interval , which once again worked against us , I thoroughly enjoyed last night . Had you seen the sustained torrential rain that fell an hour or so before the start time , it was amazing that we had any speedway at all . 

Understable the opening three or four heats were uneventful as riders worked out the track conditions , after that though we were royally entertained . The unpredictable nature of what was happening made the meeting compelling . 

6 points down with three heats to go and things weren't looking good for the home side , and I actually thought Poole were looking like getting a four pointer.  But we fought back well and the culminating heat 15 was a bit of an epic .

100%, was a wonderful nights entertainment in the end.  Snatched a draw from jaws of defeat. Few issues to iron out, mainly ulle's mechanical issues and concerns over how many meetings Tom going to miss. 

Minor complain about BSN, had this match or Edinburgh Vs Redcar to choose from but we're going to show Scunthorpe against Newcastle?  Strange

6 hours ago, jenga said:

the answer to Glasgows missing rider is , dont sign riders that everyone else needs around other countries and special meetings . run with a run of the mill team and you might win summat .   its been proven before over many decades in this sport and others .

good points for puddle . 

Puddle? lol. Been called worse I suppose..

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Lisa, we watched Lawson from a raw Moto crosser at Workington to our no.1 for 3/4 years and I can count on 1 hand the times he passed anyone after 2nd bend. Although last night maybe makes 6.

It's not a criticism as such, he's a wonderful gater, and given injuries his brother suffered at Moto X not prepared to take unnecessary risks 

Interesting, must have worked on his passing for this year then. As with all the streaming, seeing a lot more meetings than I usually would and I am already on the second hand ;)

cmon lisa hes been gate and go everytime ive seen him and good at it to, but lets not kid ourselves that he joins poole and within two months turns himself into a mark loram !!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, poole keith said:

cmon lisa hes been gate and go everytime ive seen him and good at it to, but lets not kid ourselves that he joins poole and within two months turns himself into a mark loram !!!

Maybe at Poole, I was thinking more of away meetings! I definitely didn't say he was Mark Loram lol. But he definitely passing more than I was expecting.

• Like 1

Kills me that Richard Lawson is racing for Poole :sad:

• Haha 1

I don't know why 'u lot' concerned about Richard Lawson's passing ability, he did a clean pass on me in the pits at Oxford! :D

2 hours ago, Trees said:

Kills me that Richard Lawson is racing for Poole :sad:

As a Poole asset it kills me that he's racing for Lynn!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Richard Lawson is one of the best riders in the league, he would be first pick for me very consistent rarely has a bad meeting.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

As a Poole asset it kills me that he's racing for Lynn!!

Well he's been with us longer and my Dad's bigger than your Dad so nur nur nur nur nur nurrr.

• Haha 2

GB won the U23 team cup semi final so that's something. Tom got 13, Dan bewley 15. No doubt miss another meeting for the final :sad:

5 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

GB won the U23 team cup semi final so that's something. Tom got 13, Dan bewley 15. No doubt miss another meeting for the final :sad:

Nothing scheduled for October 2nd as yet

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Nothing scheduled for October 2nd as yet

Sounds bit early for the play offs right enough :rofl: