British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole 20/5/22

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So would hundreds of others. But if it’s too much to answer a simple email it’s certainly too much to organise a simple stream.

What was the reason Poole didn't stream the final v Glasgow last season again?

2 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

To simple I would imagine.!!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Should have won that but definitely would have won it with Drew. Great result for Poole who fear nobody.  Will only get better. 

Would definatley have lost it if we had Brennan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Absolute shambles tonight. What maniac (we all know what maniac) thought Sedgeman was an appropriate option tonight? 

Why did we throw away a race by rolling off?

2 hours ago, nagy1 said:

Absolute shambles tonight. What maniac (we all know what maniac) thought Sedgeman was an appropriate option tonight? 

Who would you have picked? Plus why do some people have difficulty with getting Justin's name right? 

Edited by SharpenRake
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Fromafar said:

While Brennan was legitimate,he was the reserve and never a got a race.The GB meeting in Germany certainly wasn’t official it was a joke meeting for GB riders Congreve even got invited.

Maybe so I was just pointing out that 3 riders had meetings abroad that weekend when someone asked why not have a meeting when all your riders were available. 

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Or maybe they just pass more than you give them credit for. As Lawson has passed other riders quite a bit this season tbf. Not sure if it is the same at Lynn @Bagpuss ?

Other than at Lewi Kerr's testimonial I can't recall a Lawson pass to be fair but he overtakes far more than folk give him credit for, just like Kenny Bjerre did/does, they just have this gating tart reputation because they do most of their point scoring by making good starts. But you don't achieve good averages without being able to get past people when required!

• Like 1

the answer to Glasgows missing rider is , dont sign riders that everyone else needs around other countries and special meetings . run with a run of the mill team and you might win summat .   its been proven before over many decades in this sport and others .

good points for puddle . 

3 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Who would you have picked? Plus why do some people have difficulty with getting Justin's name right? 

Glad I'm not the only one that can't understand how people can't get his name right!

28 minutes ago, spt82 said:

Glad I'm not the only one that can't understand how people can't get his name right!

Who's that? Segway :D

3 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

No one. RR at home is more than sufficient. 

Many apologies for my spelling. An extra “e” is  not the hill I will die on. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, nagy1 said:

Brennans average makes decent guests a hard Choice,perhaps R/R is a better option.But given that Sedgmen scored 25 points from his first 2 meetings this week and he finished with 12 points from his last match as aTiger sounds a decent choice to me.Ask Cook for the answer to the 2nd part.

• Like 1

think with RR last night we would have lost justin did a decent job covering for tom unfortunately his favourite  engine siezed in ht 1 

Edited by mac101

10 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Quite funny that Glasgow couldn't be arsed to respond to the Little Lord Fauntleroy of the BSF 

As a matter of interest was it a decent crowd last night? More or less than usual attendances? Estimated attendance =.......?