British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Teterow GP round 4 Saturday June 4th

34 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

and the Poles.

That one aged badly:rofl:

Dreadful track. At least everyone lives to fight another day.

• Like 4

Only just got in and watched the final live, WTF was the track all about? Dear me. This is supposed to be the pinnacle of the sport.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Enjoyed that.Track was rough. Shame only one Brit made the final. Should have been at least two. Well done to Lambert. Commiserations to Bewley who made a silly mistake off bend two in the semi. Quite a few top riders didn’t like it at all.

Glad you enjoyed that Steve.I thought that was a very poor advert for speedway.Good for moto cross,not speedway.

The winner Dudek said it all really"dangerous"

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 6

:D

If he has those problems they cant be that bad...

Otherwise he would sound like Bartek...:D

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Glad you enjoyed that Steve.I thought that was a very poor advert for speedway.Good for moto cross,not speedway.

The winner Dudek said it all really"dangerous"

That explains why a Poole fan would like it 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Only just got in and watched the final live, WTF was the track all about? Dear me. This is supposed to be the pinnacle of the sport.

It was like that from about ht 2 Bagpuss.Awful,bloody awful.

Edited by tellboy
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

If I was casually watching and not a Speedway fan, then I would suggest I would definitely have kept watching given the unpredictable nature of virtually every race...

For the purist maybe not a great advert.. 

For the non fan, maybe it has pricked interest?

I personally enjoyed it given the huge challenges facing the riders....

• Like 4

That was a poor meeting like Prague was. Of the Poles only Dudek attacked it, Zmarzlik got second because Freddie gave up with it.  Very poor.

Zmarzlik clearly didn’t like that track but put  3 good heats in his first 3 rides, pretty much putting him the semi and put in good 2 first corners when it mattered and it’s job done, stretches his world championship lead 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mikebv said:

If I was casually watching and not a Speedway fan, then I would suggest I would definitely have kept watching given the unpredictable nature of virtually every race...

For the purist maybe not a great advert.. 

For the non fan, maybe it has pricked interest?

I personally enjoyed it given the huge challenges facing the riders....

The challenges are hard enough as it is in speedway when conditions are good.Riders were passengers on many occassions.Would you have enjoyed it had a rider got seriously injured tonight?I guess not,then you may have criticised it.

Well that was bloody poor 

you can forgive the temporary tracks for cutting up but a regular track ?

very very poor come on give these lads a proper prepared race track 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tellboy said:

The challenges are hard enough as it is in speedway when conditions are good.Riders were passengers on many occassions.Would you have enjoyed it had a rider got seriously injured tonight?I guess not,then you may have criticised it.

The risk taking is a huge pull for the sport...

No Brakes No Fear etc..

They dont do it for our entertainment...

They do it for the money, the fame, and the adrenaline rush...

Tonight was hugely challenging which showcased the outlandish bravery and ability of some, and the not so of others..

Twenty three heats made up of four laps of slick track boredom, on a horsepower fest of speed, it definitely wasnt...

Disgusting that a GP track is that bad….. of course Shovlar likes it he is a wind up merchant who always gives an opposite opinion to anyone else just to cause comment sad and predictable 

Someone said the Poles didn’t like it well first and second shows that to be wrong lol

Tai looking good just an awful gate choice in the semi 

Dan just made a mistake in the first corner of his semi final maybe youthful exuberance and lack of experience 

Lambert steady if not spectacular but that was what was needed tonight 

And what can you say about Zmarzlik…… hated conditions but like a multi world champion does he made the best of a bad night …. I hope he goes on to win it again as he is the best rider by far and amazing to watch

Madsen to inconsistent to put up a challenge and the less said about Janowski the better he just crumbles and sulks and will never be a world champion isn’t mentally tough enough 

Can see it being the ‘old guard’ so to speak as the top 3 at the end of the season…. Zmarzlik, Tai and Freddie 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Disgusting that a GP track is that bad….. of course Shovlar likes it he is a wind up merchant who always gives an opposite opinion to anyone else just to cause comment sad and predictable 

Someone said the Poles didn’t like it well first and second shows that to be wrong lol

Tai looking good just an awful gate choice in the semi 

Dan just made a mistake in the first corner of his semi final maybe youthful exuberance and lack of experience 

Lambert steady if not spectacular but that was what was needed tonight 

And what can you say about Zmarzlik…… hated conditions but like a multi world champion does he made the best of a bad night …. I hope he goes on to win it again as he is the best rider by far and amazing to watch

Madsen to inconsistent to put up a challenge and the less said about Janowski the better he just crumbles and sulks and will never be a world champion isn’t mentally tough enough 

Can see it being the ‘old guard’ so to speak as the top 3 at the end of the season…. Zmarzlik, Tai and Freddie 

Nice to see you back Gavan, always make valid posts