British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Teterow GP round 4 Saturday June 4th

The track has been there for a few years, But I'd say it's only used a few times each season. It has always cut up & produced ruts but everyone knows that & takes a wider line to avoid the ruts, if a rider chooses to brave the ruts on the inside then they must weigh up the pros & cons of their actions.

This may not be the best race circuit but the need for more nations to be included means the local fan base has to be catered for as well

Freddie and Leon are on a downer due to medical conditions hitting them over the last two years. Love to see them get it all back. In the meantime there is no one who can regularly take it to Zmarzlik. We will have to wait for the newer ones to develop.

It’s a pity the grass track racing is not being shown tomorrow, that must be a good watch, what with right hand bends and a jump, and it will be fast.

22 minutes ago, mikebv said:

The risk taking is a huge pull for the sport...

No Brakes No Fear etc..

They dont do it for our entertainment...

They do it for the money, the fame, and the adrenaline rush...

Tonight was hugely challenging which showcased the outlandish bravery and ability of some, and the not so of others..

Twenty three heats made up of four laps of slick track boredom, on a horsepower fest of speed, it definitely wasnt...

Who said they want to see slick track boredom etc.I'm pretty sure 99.5% of fans would rather watch a GP from Belle Vue or of similar ilk than to watch that sort of rubbish that was served up tonight.

My biggest pet peeve of the scoring system:

Vaculik scores 5 = 6 GP points

Doyle scores 5 = 4 GP points

Holder scores 8 = 9 GP points

Janowski scores 6 = 8 GP points

Why is 5 worth 2 more points than 5, but 8 is only worth 1 more point than 6?

Worst scoring system ever!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Worst scoring system ever!

Is it really that crazy when the points reflect your finishing position in the event?

At least this way, the winner gets the most points, the second-place man gets more than the third-place man, etc... That didn't always happen with the old system.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pubichair said:

Lambert is the biggest bottler in world speedway lol 

You've remembered one of your other names and password ..

Well done..  :D

• Like 3

3 hours ago, chunky said:

Is it really that crazy when the points reflect your finishing position in the event?

At least this way, the winner gets the most points, the second-place man gets more than the third-place man, etc... That didn't always happen with the old system.

I really didn’t see why the system was changed, under the old scoring every race counted and meant no one could take their foot of the gas. And it was fair to everyone.

What exactly is the big deal that the winner needs to get the most points

• Like 8

Like been said already the track was a disgrace but it did sort out the men from the boys, a couple of the Danes and Fricke were woeful and just couldn't ride the track, it was the same for everyone but it showed who could and who couldn't deal with the conditions.

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

You've remembered one of your other names and password ..

Well done..  :D

who else would i  be?  lol

3 hours ago, chunky said:

Exactly. I seem to remember that I wasn't keen when they bought this scoring system in but I like it now.

Position in a meeting still counts so they still need to race for every point, and the winner of the meeting gets most points.

It does make sense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Are the riders under strict instructions not to make negative comments about the GP's -  the track especially - I wonder?

Their relatively restrained reactions suggests they may well be.

I am with those who enjoyed last night.  The bumps and the bounces added to the entertainment and no-one got hurt.

3 minutes ago, keepturningleft said:

Are the riders under strict instructions not to make negative comments about the GP's -  the track especially - I wonder?

Their relatively restrained reactions suggests they may well be.

I am with those who enjoyed last night.  The bumps and the bounces added to the entertainment and no-one got hurt.

Not sure. Was much said about Prague last week ? But I did hear that some of the U21 riders weren’t too keen on riding 

Edited by iris123