British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Berwick Bandits 18/5/22

Is Bomber riding as a guest in this one? :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, Turnip said:

Is Bomber riding as a guest in this one? :rolleyes:

The BanditsTeam members have been given a picture of his race jacket ,just to remind them who he is riding for.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

The BanditsTeam members have been given a picture of his race jacket ,just to remind them who he is riding for.

I'm surprised club's don't restrict their rider's from guesting as they do just in case of injury.

Is there still a rule where a rider can't guest for the same team within a week or wotever it is(was)......Tiswas now that's wot it is not guesting! :lol: 

This is not a pop at Bomber just tongue in  cheek general banter.

Wouldn't like to be supporting Wroclaw or Sayfutdinov's Polish team, rider replacement being used all season......yawn yawn .

Teams in British speedway need to be cut to 6 or even 5, and av a better share of heat leaders.

Anyways :lol:...... Poole vs Berwick I'm thinking this will be Nathan's time to really shine as he as he as got loads of potential avin watched him from his early days at Rye House. He rode in a junior meeting before, yes before, Rockets ironically took on the Pirates live on TV.  Wonder if Middlo spotted him then as well :)

Edited by Turnip

Guesting for Sheffield tonight as well, he might need Weds night off for rest at this rate! :P:D

Berwick using r/r for Flint at 2; and Kye Thomsen and Dan Thompson guest for Etheridge and Proctor (subject to what may happen at Plymouth on Tuesday.)

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Guesting for Sheffield tonight as well, he might need Weds night off for rest at this rate! :P:D

I'm thinking the BSPA should bring in a rule that restricts  riders, for example, from guesting more than twice in a week even if it's different teams 

Errrrrmmmm, but better not because then it will become silly as soon as they get their meddling hands on it!  :lol:

Edited by Turnip

If we hit 33 here and come away with no more injuries then I’ll  be pleased :lol:  (That’s no criticism of the Poole track… just our stinking luck so far this year :sad:)

I do hope we put on a show of some sort.. luck just hasn’t been our friend this season so far! 

9 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

If we hit 33 here and come away with no more injuries then I’ll  be pleased :lol:  (That’s no criticism of the Poole track… just our stinking luck so far this year :sad:)

I do hope we put on a show of some sort.. luck just hasn’t been our friend this season so far! 

Track is superb this season.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dry evening forecast now for Wednesday (met office)  :t:

Edited by Turnip

This meeting looking like another 60 plus win boring probably save money and stream it 

3 minutes ago, ray c said:

This meeting looking like another 60 plus win boring probably save money and stream it 

Yeah you said that on the first page

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ray c said:

I don't think it will 60+. We didn't even get to 60 against Newcastle! Maybe between 50 and 55 at most. But @Skidder1 are those just the guests at Plymouth or are they for both meetings? 

16 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Yeah you said that on the first page

:D

Tbh you can get good racing at 60+ meetings and sometimes at a close meeting the only thing keeping it interesting is the scoreline! So definitely not as black and white as Ray makes out! 

52-38. Those guests are prob not the best round Poole and not as strong as the original line up imo. Getting a few Glasgow ones in would have been a bit better as mentioned earlier! 

Now saying that Thomsen will get a max lol. Also good practice for them as Edinburgh and Leicester are our next home meetings after Berwick! 

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I don't think it will 60+. We didn't even get to 60 against Newcastle! Maybe between 50 and 55 at most. But @Skidder1 are those just the guests at Plymouth or are they for both meetings? 

I think ray's just fishing for a reaction. Maybe you can ask him to go to Mr Ford and say he wants a Newcastle level team for next season. Then be plenty close home meetings to attend. Sure that make him very happy...

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

:D

Tbh you can get good racing at 60+ meetings and sometimes at a close meeting the only thing keeping it interesting is the scoreline! So definitely not as black and white as Ray makes out! 

52-38. Those guests are prob not the best round Poole and not as strong as the original line up imo. Getting a few Glasgow ones in would have been a bit better as mentioned earlier! 

Now saying that Thomsen will get a max lol. Also good practice for them as Edinburgh and Leicester are our next home meetings after Berwick! 

For once we agree! Was far better racing in our comfortable win over Berwick than in closer meetings with Edinburgh and Plymouth.

Thomson definitely a talent but a bit up and down just now