British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Berwick Bandits 18/5/22

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Screenshot_20220518-145922_Chrome.jpg

The problem with that prediction of thunderstorms its impossible to predict where and when they will occur. 
its getting a problem now when clubs call of meetings because it MIGHT rain. 
The promoters may well have made the correct decision but then maybe they may not have. 
Not sure I could run my business that way but it is what it is I guess

I also understand that there is a fine line in profit and loss in crowd numbers but the problem is every single year clubs run out of time to run meetings and end up running them on a cold damp october when no one wants to attend so they end up losing money then anyway.

we have had it happen at Ipswich  for many years (although not last year when we got knocked out of everything early on lol)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, speedwaysliders said:

Call off just doesnt make any sence,Berwick riders are already in the area,no other sport happening at the stadium now greyhounds have gone,and if the owners of Poole speedway are this lazy,Poole speedway will be gone as well.If may have been a differant story if the Berwick team had to travel, Cant think of any reason not to give the meeting  a go,as the rearranged fixture most prob will race on a chilly overcast night!!!

Dunno, are u peed off coz u have travelled & lost money?

I've lost about £130 on travel & accommodation, yes I'm well peed off but it is wot is. 

I hope it rains & so will the Poole promotion to justify the decision but if it doesn't rain u can only go on the forecast.

The promotion would've taken everything into consideration before making the call. It's probably already cost them money & hassle to call it off.

There's a lot more things that go on behind the scenes to sort out to get a meeting on than we the humble fan will ever appreciate.

They are certainly not lazy!

• Like 1

Yeah, it's a difficult one Turnip, especially with the Berwick entourage presumably still in the area. Damned if you do and damned if you don't!

Is it raining yet?

Might be sum thunder from down under-pants this evening, I've got a packet of Frazzles! :rofl:

1 minute ago, Tinker said:

Yeah, it's a difficult one Turnip, especially with the Berwick entourage presumably still in the area. Damned if you do and damned if you don't!

Is it raining yet?

Nope, sum darker clouds coming over

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

There the one's with the injuries, why would poole call it off because of tha

27 minutes ago, Turnip said:

I'm peed off coz I've travelled on the train  & no chance to turn around (advanced tickets) or cancel hotel booking. 

Sadly it is wot it is, the weather is like a boil that u can't get to! :oops:

2018 the rain cancelled something like 4 out of the first 6 meetings that I traveled down to Poole for. Similar thing as  happened at Belle Vue as well, but no surprise being Manchester!

In fact I've been everywhere I can think for a rain off. Had a fog off once, yes I did say fog off!  :lol:

Poo Barr, oh yep the wet stuff followed me there as well a few week back.

Any loose women in Poole?, Me got a double bed in the Travelodge at the railway station......I'm up for a game of tiddlywinks! :rofl:

How interesting zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Can’t believe I am reading it’s off! No rain so far and it seems extremely premature to me. Yes there’s rain coming up from the south west but it could pass to the west of Poole.  I hope it doesn’t but think quite a few fans will turn up at the stadium tonight wondering what the hell is going on if it’s a dry evening.

Rotten luck to Turnip coming all this way at great expense. I wonder if the Poole promotion can treat him when he is next down? Skidder is it possible to bring it up with Danny so he can get a tour of the pits and watch a heat or 2 from centre green? Just a thought.

• Like 1

Has Chris Harris told nick Morris to go home he's guesting for batch at Birmingham now?

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Can’t believe I am reading it’s off! No rain so far and it seems extremely premature to me. Yes there’s rain coming up from the south west but it could pass to the west of Poole.  I hope it doesn’t but think quite a few fans will turn up at the stadium tonight wondering what the hell is going on if it’s a dry evening.

Rotten luck to Turnip coming all this way at great expense. I wonder if the Poole promotion can treat him when he is next down? Skidder is it possible to bring it up with Danny so he can get a tour of the pits and watch a heat or 2 from centre green? Just a thought.

No rain about 5 miles from the track and not looking like rain either but it MIGHT rain so maybe calling it off incase is the best option lol!

It could well piss it down and prove to be the correct call but if not and stays dry there will be a few turn up not knowing its been called off and be annoyed to say the least

Edited by stu219

11 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

How interesting zzzzzzzzzzzzz

WHY DON'T YOU

Go out and do something less boring instead! :rofl:

Edited by Turnip
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, stu219 said:

The problem with that prediction of thunderstorms its impossible to predict where and when they will occur. 
its getting a problem now when clubs call of meetings because it MIGHT rain. 
The promoters may well have made the correct decision but then maybe they may not have. 
Not sure I could run my business that way but it is what it is I guess

I also understand that there is a fine line in profit and loss in crowd numbers but the problem is every single year clubs run out of time to run meetings and end up running them on a cold damp october when no one wants to attend so they end up losing money then anyway.

we have had it happen at Ipswich  for many years (although not last year when we got knocked out of everything early on lol)

I'd like to think it will be rearranged before October! Trouble is if you rain off early, you should have waited and if you wait and the forecast is right then why did you not rain it off earlier.

• Like 1

got to agree with steve cant see where the rain is at the moment hope we are wrong though 

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I'd like to think it will be rearranged before October! Trouble is if you rain off early, you should have waited and if you wait and the forecast is right then why did you not rain it off earlier.

Damned if you do and damned if you dont but in days gone by they only called of matches when it did actually rain. In the Uk The one business you dont listen to is the weather forcasters lol

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Its not the rearrangements that cause the problem at the end of the season but the knock on effect it has. It happens every single year . Just look at the play offs last year. People dont go to watch in those crappy october evenings but speedway never learns

23 minutes ago, stu219 said:

clubs run out of time to run meetings and end up running them on a cold damp october

November at Poole!

17 minutes ago, Turnip said:

but if it doesn't rain u can only go on the forecast.

You could also go on what it's actually doing

6 minutes ago, stu219 said:

but it MIGHT rain so maybe calling it off incase is the best option lol!

It MIGHT do lots of things...