British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Berwick Bandits 18/5/22

Weather permitting,the Pirates taken on the Bandits on Wednesday which means the return of Chris Bomber Harris to Wimborne Road.

Bomber being a track expert will no doubt be in double figures. The Bandits appear to have run over several Black cats with injuries to key riders happening at the wrong time when they have been in good form.

Would like to think thst Poole should pickup 3 league points but not yet knowing who will be guesting for them could mean a closer contest.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ray c said:

basso average looks good if available:t:

Probably riding else were, the reason he's not at Poole anymore 

• Like 1

Can't work out the averages but would broc Nicol cover for proctor? Rides Poole pretty well be trump at reserve. Hume as ex pie rat might be a shout and Brennan fits for flint was pretty good there last season as well. Not trying to get my riders some track time there before we go... Honest :D

19 minutes ago, ray c said:

basso average looks good if available:t:

If Basso is guesting I'll be doing a rain dance! lol

I would imagine he is riding in Denmark.

As long as he comes through his meetings between now and Wednesday Chris Harris will return but there`s a big question mark over Leon Flint, Ty Proctor and Jye Etheridge so it will be a mixture of guests and R/R that makes up the rest of the team. Either way I expect a comfortable home win.

3 minutes ago, screm said:

As long as he comes through his meetings between now and Wednesday Chris Harris will return but there`s a big question mark over Leon Flint, Ty Proctor and Jye Etheridge so it will be a mixture of guests and R/R that makes up the rest of the team. Either way I expect a comfortable home win.

Oh IDK, Newcastle held us to 10 half way through the meeting. I'm sure Berwick can better that, but will reserve judgement til the line up is officially known!

8 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Can't work out the averages but would broc Nicol cover for proctor? Rides Poole pretty well be trump at reserve. Hume as ex pie rat might be a shout and Brennan fits for flint was pretty good there last season as well. Not trying to get my riders some track time there before we go... Honest :D

Hope not, he guested for Scunthorpe last season (I think), first visit and got 9+ riding at no1. If guesting at reserve could be on for another reserve maximum in the league!

sounds like this meeting will best watching the stream fed up with big scoring home wins 

27 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Just checked on the May averages and Proctor is 4.92 and Nicol is 4.94!! Phew!

• Haha 1

I'll be traveling down for this one staying at the Travelodge :t:

Yep obviously hope the weather behaves itself as I've glimpsed at the forecast.

First 'home' visit of the season for me & thoroughly looking forward to it, seeing the faces I know & being amongst all the fellow Pirates :t:

Nothing else but a home win although I'm expecting sum good battles with them pesky liddle Bandits :D

Ponder ponder, 54-36 I predict but the battle I expect to be closer than the scoreline.

........and I can me Sunday roast cooking, ahhhhhh luvvly jubbly  :cheers:

Edited by Turnip

27 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Just checked on the May averages and Proctor is 4.92 and Nicol is 4.94!! Phew!

Yes but he could replace Etheridge!?

Complin and James Wright could also be options?

Bomber will undoubtedly have 6 rides as will Wells if its still r/r for Flint but lets wait to see what happens at Plymouth the night before.

Edited by Skidder1

18 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Yes but he could replace Etheridge!?

Complin and James Wright could also be options?

Bomber will undoubtedly have 6 rides as will Wells if its still r/r for Flint but lets wait to see what happens at Plymouth the night before.

But at least he wouldn't be at reserve and potentially having 7 rides!