British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Ippo v Tigers 16/05/22

8 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Not sure that I've heard a Stars fan talk about "Compost Corner" before :D  Takes me right back to the days of the Ipswich fanzine Witch Reminds Me ... 

Ipswich should own this. Holder has a bruised toe ;), Ellis was in Poland scoring 2 for Team GB - all set up for the Witches to win by 8 or more.

I will be asleep while that match is on (sounds like many other Witches fans already are asleep!), and will catch up with the TV coverage on Tuesday morning.

It's from some Ippo supporters on this very site. Probably on this very thread;) If they win tonight they will thank me for opening one..... I think:t:

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Bomber is riding at 1 for Sheffield. Holder injured his left leg in GP at the weekend

Promoters know there are other riders apart from Bomber don't they?! Anyway tire him out before Weds, he might need the night off! :D

Just now, Baldyman said:

Nicol for Starke,,, it's starting to look like away win

What's wrong with Starke? 

2 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

You sure it's his left? :blink:

Definitely his left leg, would have been worse had he not reacted so quickly and laid his bike down

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

It's from some Ippo supporters on this very site. Probably on this very thread;) If they win tonight they will thank me for opening one..... I think:t:

Compost Corner was a feature on Tiswas :D.  There was a bunch of us who followed the Witches home and away late 70s, early 80s - and many different names and nicknames were used for riders and teams. KL were called the Deadbeets (after the sugar beet factory behind the first/second bend was demolished).  Those of us who watched speedway then saw the last heyday of the sport.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Definitely his left leg, would have been worse had he not reacted so quickly and laid his bike down

That was a superb lay down, and he was very unlucky to hit the fence.  It's ironic that Holder is remembered at Ipswich for withdrawing with a bruised toe - seems that he doesn't like to race at Foxhall.

Really bad news that no Paul tonight,  his points are vital, no idea how broc is riding at the moment and if he can even ride our track :(

• Like 1

Still no news re Jye and Zagar replacements?

Wrong topic. Sorry.

Edited by krompa

22 minutes ago, Badge said:

Really bad news that no Paul tonight,  his points are vital, no idea how broc is riding at the moment and if he can even ride our track :(

He got 5+2 and 1 on his two visits to Foxhall last year. Not great. 

59 minutes ago, Badge said:

Hasn't been on the best form for Glasgow, hence why he is at reserve for them. But will have his Glasgow team mate Hume (still in for Rowe?) there with advice on the track. 

Missing Starke could mean the difference between winning and losing. He is our most underated rider by a country mile

• Like 1