British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Ippo v Tigers 16/05/22

22 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Without wishing to sound insensitive but they need to address the comms situation pretty quickly as no-one so far has hit the mark alongside Kelvin....guess it proves how much Nige is missed , wonder if having Dave Rowe commentating with Tatum reverting back to co commentator would be the way forward? Thoughts?

Dave Rowe with Kelvin as the back up man every time

• Like 4

I can honestly say that the camerawork so far from Eurosport is the worst I've seen, missing what little action there is, don't know if it's down to where they are siting them, or whatever but it's painful to watch.  It's just a bloody oval ffs, surely they can find a way to cover it properly.

• Like 7

Got to say that in the three Premiership matches shown do far this season, there's been very little to get excited about in terms of racing.

14 minutes ago, Grachan said:

He's back. Now we know that the clutch cooler cools the clutch down. Love Sam.

I wonder what dirt deflectors do though... maybe we'll find out later

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, MattB said:

Got to say that in the three Premiership matches shown do far this season, there's been very little to get excited about in terms of racing.

Maybe it was ever thus, Nigel talking it up constantly and making it seem better than it actually was/is.

17 minutes ago, Dornier said:

Dave Rowe with Kelvin as the back up man every time

Considering Nigel and Dave Lanning both did darts, might it be worth looking in the Darts world for someone I wonder?

It is very much the Eurosport way to use former participants though. I signed up for Discovery+ during the Australian Open tennis and they had a female former player presenting - presumably because she looked good.

She was an absolute disaster. It will be interesting to see if they use her again for the French Open next week.

9 minutes ago, Grachan said:

It will be interesting to see if they use her again for the French Open next week.

Won't it be something for the dads and resident TILF Annabel Croft?

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

Won't it be something for the dads and resident TILF Annabel Croft?

It was someone called Alize Lim. Definite TILF - but a rubbish presenter.

Listening to Sam interviewing the managers before heat 15, it’s hard to believe he’s a former speedway rider at all. He didn’t seem to understand what was going on at all.

How does Ermolenko keep getting this gig. Embarrassing