British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Ippo v Tigers 16/05/22

1 minute ago, kevin bass said:

Hume scored pretty much what Starke would of got to be fair, problem lies when King, Riss and Batch only score 5 each

Hume did score what Starke may have scored,but he replaced Rowe.Nicol scored 2+1 from 3 he replaced Starke so missing Starke probably did contribute to Ipswich not getting anything from the meeting.But it was a poor team effort from Ipswich when only your no1 and 7 score the bulk of your points at home.

10 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

It's hard work listening to Ermolenko:blink:

I would have said Painful was a better word

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Entertaining match due to it being close but the racing was dire, Sheffield deserved their win and I would have loved to have seen Hawkins face after heat 15.

He has undoubtedly got the best smacked arse face look when he loses.

the racing was decent for foxhall and better than was dished up at the showground a couple of weeks ago

• Like 1

Just now, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Batchelor looks like he riding an engine with an unfamiliar set up for him, he was riding like a novice who’s bike was taking him for a ride and he had no confidence in it ,so given that you have to ask why he was used in heat 15 

As I said in an earlier post, can only think it was because he trapped superbly only 2 heats earlier in heat 13 until Doyle really didn’t do him any favours team riding wise which ended up costing them the 5-1. Only other option was Riss but he wasn’t looking great either after his opening ride win and was having machinery issues. Not really an obvious choice.

6 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Batchelor looks like he riding an engine with an unfamiliar set up for him, he was riding like a novice who’s bike was taking him for a ride and he had no confidence in it ,so given that you have to ask why he was used in heat 15 

You should have seen him at Sheffield last season

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chun said:

the racing was decent for foxhall and better than was dished up at the showground a couple of weeks ago

Was pretty average I thought. The Belle Vue meeting last week was Comfortably better imo. 

2 minutes ago, chun said:

The racing was dire, as it was at Peterborough a couple of weeks ago, but Peterborough does occasionally serve up some excellent racing.

Great comeback from the Tigers to make s real match of it. BV and Sheffield looking like the favourites to me

I don't know what's everybody's problem is with Sam, he's found his spiritual home at Eurosport they're made for each other :rofl:

6 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

You should have seen him at Sheffield last season

Pity we had to.

• Haha 1

Good watch tonight I thought.

As for Sam Ermolenko I'm actually a fan, Professionalism is overrated imo, Sam provides entertainment with his errors / mistakes and I'd rather have someone keeping the show entertaining off the track while the riders provide entertainment on the track.

• Like 2

Where are all the supporters,  been very low attendance at all televised meetings 

Good away win against a team who beat a full strength Belle Vue last time out   Well done Tigers and we had to come from 8 points down   

• Like 1

We have a glaring problem in the 1-5 and it’s there for all to see. Heeps was rightly replaced, but we then had over 7 points to play with being over 2 under to start with, and we came up with Ben Barker. Very unimaginative from the promotion and pretty lazy. Nothing against Barker, he is what he is and he’ll chip in with a few now and again like he did with a valuable 6 at Wolves. But with over 7 points available we need to be taking a punt on unearthing something a bit better. 

We’ve only had our proper 1-7 available for two meetings and we’ve won them both. Starke is a big rider for us and so useful down at reserve and this is where the problem will crop up in the future. We needed to find a stronger rider with the points available to keep him down there because as we saw last season, when Starke moved in to the 1-5 his form dropped off a cliff. We’re going to see Barker and Starke swapping places all season when we really should have built the team in a way as to make sure Starke stays where he is. 

• Like 1

Threw that away with everyone bar Doyle dropping silly points from scoring positions

Can't afford to do that against anyone let alone a solid Sheffield side

Pretty poor fayre overall although probably above average for Foxhall given the current prep