British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Ippo v Tigers 16/05/22

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Warning signs were there for King early in the season when he struggled in the opening weeks. But so far he’s continued in that vain and looks a shadow of the rider we saw last year. The team was built in the hope the riders on the perceived “false” average (Batch, Riss) would rediscover their former form and make us competitive. I think both will improve their averages, but we didn’t factor in others in the team then lowering theirs. We need King to rediscover last seasons form otherwise Doyle will have very little support at the top end. 

We’ve now got the best number 1 we’ve had for many years and arguably the best rider in the league currently, would be a shame to miss the opportunity to have a successful season while he’s here. 

He needs back up, including a TM with a brain, unfortunately he has neither. Batch doesn’t look any better than last year and both Riss and Barker started brilliantly and faded just as quickly, but once Sheffield got the set ups it was game over.

Not sure what’s up with Danny this year and what on earth is the Rowe disappearing act all about.

4 hours ago, mikebv said:

I have never understood why tracks dont market EVERY meeting separately in its own right..

too much trouble

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Why would Danny keep trying the outside line if it isn't there and he keeps going backwards? 

That's the only line he seems to ride, it has been said on numerous threads about the Ipswich riders don't seem to watch which lines are working during the meeting.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

He needs back up, including a TM with a brain, unfortunately he has neither. Batch doesn’t look any better than last year and both Riss and Barker started brilliantly and faded just as quickly, but once Sheffield got the set ups it was game over.

Not sure what’s up with Danny this year and what on earth is the Rowe disappearing act all about.

All that’s been publicly said about Rowe these last few weeks is “missing with illness”. Not sure even if fit he’ll get back in the side anytime soon if Hume rides like he did last night. Just like King, Rowe is another who has started the season pretty poorly. 

27 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

All that’s been publicly said about Rowe these last few weeks is “missing with illness”. Not sure even if fit he’ll get back in the side anytime soon if Hume rides like he did last night. Just like King, Rowe is another who has started the season pretty poorly. 

Anders is a strange one, still young so benefit of the doubt, he didn't opt in for the rising star berth last season and there was no doubt he starting superbly, then that Injury at Kings Lynn put him back, believe it was a knee but it was said in the off season he was coming back this season fit, so thinking the recovery period has passed you would probably expect him to be one of the better rising star riders based on what he achieved when fit at the start of last season

Seems to have lost his way a little bit, I think really for him to reach a top level someone needs to be really aggressive with him and change this rigid riding style, I think at times its a hinderance, but saying that its the same style that got him banging in points at the start of last season

Really hope he can turn his fortunes around

42 minutes ago, Bash said:

That's the only line he seems to ride, it has been said on numerous threads about the Ipswich riders don't seem to watch which lines are working during the meeting.

I know,,, I called them thicko s the other week, but we know King is limeted,,, so we should be giving him the best chance of scoring,, which isn't a drying track

• Like 1

The outside line just doesn't seem to be working this season, or last season.

7 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

But it is Sheffield and they have a very good top 5 and even when Musielak was having a poor meeting he still gated to win H14 when it mattered.

It wasn't just "gated to win" - Musielak attacked the track, and absolutely dominated the other riders on the first couple of bends.  Looking at King and Batchelor, neither of them got stuck in, even if they were quick away.

10 hours ago, Badge said:

The riders and several extra people lined up there to be able to have a minutes silence for Chris Ellis who died on Sunday,  before the meeting whilst the adverts were on.

Very sad to hear that Chris Ellis has passed away :cry:

Edited by Roger Jacobs

Anders rode in Poland last night and scored 8+2 from 5 rides. Hope that illness doesn't reappear when he's next in or around Suffolk.....

• Like 2

Just seen the highlights of the meeting on quest,great result to come initially from eight points down.the track needed to be attacked and bomber and our imperious captain Kyle certainly did that.was good to see a smile back on cookies face as well and hope that this is the springboard to an improvement in the season for him.

• Like 1

Every season Kyle comes to Foxhall and has a great meeting,,, and he is on a reasonable average that would make him a match winner at Foxhall,,, and I bet not once has he asked Kyle to come to Ipswich,, apart from one season many years ago when I think he done a doubling up roll.   This is the type of rider we should be after,, not the floppers we more than often employ

Just one person with one camera but I’d actually prefer to watch the whole meeting with this set up than any of the camera angles we got on Monday! You can actually see Howarth and Riss passing and re-passing here far more clearly. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 2

On 5/17/2022 at 5:43 PM, Falcon1983 said:

Anders is a strange one, still young so benefit of the doubt, he didn't opt in for the rising star berth last season and there was no doubt he starting superbly, then that Injury at Kings Lynn put him back, believe it was a knee but it was said in the off season he was coming back this season fit, so thinking the recovery period has passed you would probably expect him to be one of the better rising star riders based on what he achieved when fit at the start of last season

Seems to have lost his way a little bit, I think really for him to reach a top level someone needs to be really aggressive with him and change this rigid riding style, I think at times its a hinderance, but saying that its the same style that got him banging in points at the start of last season

Really hope he can turn his fortunes around

Would you keep Danyon in Falcon 1983 for a prolonged period ? or do you bring back Anders.A tough call are you loyal or do you say Danyon is a squad member and has  seized his chance.Personally for me if Danyon can stay injury free for his home scoring alone should stay in the side.

5 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Would you keep Danyon in Falcon 1983 for a prolonged period ? or do you bring back Anders.A tough call are you loyal or do you say Danyon is a squad member and has  seized his chance.Personally for me if Danyon can stay injury free for his home scoring alone should stay in the side.

I think what is fair is that whoever is performing in the race jacket should keep it as such

Based on Danyons last meeting then I would keep him in the side 

The only time I would change it back would be if he loses form, or perhaps they are at a track where traditionally Anders goes better

I think Anders is the better long term prospect though