British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

20.05.22 - Scunthorpe v Newcastle (league, BSN)

Just now, ruffdiamond said:

It's a pity you didn't need a p!ss by the time you got to Donington services,,, might have saved you a great deal of time? ;)

Thought I'd wait to piss in Scotland:drink:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, iainb said:

Thought I'd wait to piss in Scotland:drink:

Suppose you could put that down as the most expensive p!ss you've ever had?

1 hour ago, Diamondboy said:

It got called off at lunchtime, long before anyone sensible would have set off for the meeting, unless you are coming from outside the uk.....

Tell that to the Newcastle supporters who arrived at the gates

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

Suppose you could put that down as the most expensive p!ss you've ever had?

Worth every penny

Two miles from the track and it was a steady drizzle from 7.30pm onwards , with a deluge at 8.50pm. So weather forecast was correct, early call off correct  and if you can't be bothered to check websites before travelling  boo hoo!

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Did Newcastle not run a service of this kind a few years back?

Yes they did but I could be wrong but was it just for home meetings only.I remember when you used to ring a premium rate number to listen to commentary trackside after every 4 heats and get the scores and scorer’s etc.

1 hour ago, Diamondboy said:

It got called off at lunchtime, long before anyone sensible would have set off for the meeting, unless you are coming from outside the uk.....

That isn't the point though. I don't mind travelling only to discover the weather intervenes, it happens and I would check in advance. If promoters pick and choose for whatever reason, then so will I. Even more galling if I was local. 

49 minutes ago, OldtimerRay said:

Tell that to the Newcastle supporters who arrived at the gates

I’m just baffled that they’ve come from Newcastle when the meeting was postponed at 12 it was posted all over Scunthorpe and speedway GB social media along with the Scunthorpe speedway website! What more could be done ?!

2 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

I’m just baffled that they’ve come from Newcastle when the meeting was postponed at 12 it was posted all over Scunthorpe and speedway GB social media along with the Scunthorpe speedway website! What more could be done ?!

Why would you check though? There was no real substantial rain forecast, it seems these days if you do decide to travel you must stop every 15 minutes to check it's not been cancelled on a whim

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Put it on the speedway forum ?

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

Why would you check though? There was no real substantial rain forecast, it seems these days if you do decide to travel you must stop every 15 minutes to check it's not been cancelled on a whim

Take it  from a local it was very wet!!!

• Like 2

Just now, scunny1 said:

Take it  from a local it was very wet!!!

Yeah I’m about 10 minutes away from the track it couldn’t have gone ahead this evening 

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

The forecast did get worse and I’m about 10 minutes from the track and the meeting could no way have gone ahead 

4 minutes ago, OldtimerRay said:

Put it on the speedway forum ?

Someone did put it on here within the hour of it being called off 

3 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

The forecast did get worse and I’m about 10 minutes from the track and the meeting could no way have gone ahead 

I was told it was rideable but not to race on.