British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

20.05.22 - Scunthorpe v Newcastle (league, BSN)

Just check the bloody website or ask if someone knows,,, if you see rain on radar for where you are going then you have the ability to check to see if its on.

Calm down dear

• Haha 1

I no longer have a car but when I used to drive all over the country following both speedway and stock car racing. I always arranged my travel with a break every 60 to 90 minutes and would check for any postponements at each stop.

Now that I use trains to travel around the country I can check at anytime during the journey but since I won't save any money by turning round at the next stop I now make trips with a duel purpose. So for Poole I spent the day on the Swanage Railway and for trips to Isle of Wight it was the IOW Steam Railway and then on to Smallbrook stadium. Sadly both are not possible at the moment due to the late train from Poole and the late Ryde to Portsmouth boat having been cancelled. Hopefully thing will improve next year. 

The other thing to remember is that weather forecasts are not that reliable. My wife and I have different apps on our phones and it is very rare that they are even close to agreeing. So all the promotion can do is look at a few apps and based on past experience guess what will happen. Getting it right is vital to the promotion as failure will result in losses that speedway can't afford.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

I no longer have a car but when I used to drive all over the country following both speedway and stock car racing. I always arranged my travel with a break every 60 to 90 minutes and would check for any postponements at each stop.

Now that I use trains to travel around the country I can check at anytime during the journey but since I won't save any money by turning round at the next stop I now make trips with a duel purpose. So for Poole I spent the day on the Swanage Railway and for trips to Isle of Wight it was the IOW Steam Railway and then on to Smallbrook stadium. Sadly both are not possible at the moment due to the late train from Poole and the late Ryde to Portsmouth boat having been cancelled. Hopefully thing will improve next year. 

The other thing to remember is that weather forecasts are not that reliable. My wife and I have different apps on our phones and it is very rare that they are even close to agreeing. So all the promotion can do is look at a few apps and based on past experience guess what will happen. Getting it right is vital to the promotion as failure will result in losses that speedway can't afford.

Be careful Chris, that may suggest that you are using your initiative?,,, I don't/can't venture too far, but do try and get to Berwick if the Diamonds are there. I always visit the 'Prior Chippy' for haggis,,, if the match was called off at short notice, a would probably go back for seconds. Then I would be more than likely be ready to get home and bed, every cloud n that.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Be careful Chris, that may suggest that you are using your initiative?,,, I don't/can't venture too far, but do try and get to Berwick if the Diamonds are there. I always visit the 'Prior Chippy' for haggis,,, if the match was called off at short notice, a would probably go back for seconds. Then I would be more than likely be ready to get home and bed, every cloud n that.  

Never been to the priory as use foulis but a few years since I have been and never rated Robert Smiths and I think it is closed now.

The tweet said rained off, that’s a lie, the track was fine when they made the decision.

The meeting was cancelled because the promoter took it upon himself to pull the plug rather than wait and see.

Either way its cost him money and a certain amount of credibility, not that he has much anyway, at least with fans of other tracks.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, soupy said:

Never been to the priory as use foulis but a few years since I have been and never rated Robert Smiths and I think it is closed now.

It's a little gem, if you want a proper chippy experience. :t:

Not like the cheap tarnished glitter from the big name places!

Edited by ruffdiamond

45 minutes ago, marko said:

The tweet said rained off, that’s a lie, the track was fine when they made the decision.

The meeting was cancelled because the promoter took it upon himself to pull the plug rather than wait and see.

Either way its cost him money and a certain amount of credibility, not that he has much anyway, at least with fans of other tracks.

How?

12 minutes ago, StevePark said:

How?

How? Big Chief lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, OldtimerRay said:

Is that Hitler on the left with the bike lol

Looks more like Basil Fawlty.

10 minutes ago, OldtimerRay said:

Is that Hitler on the left with the bike lol

Not sure, a wasn't around when they made the video,,,