British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

20.05.22 - Scunthorpe v Newcastle (league, BSN)

2 hours ago, marko said:

The tweet said rained off, that’s a lie, the track was fine when they made the decision.

The meeting was cancelled because the promoter took it upon himself to pull the plug rather than wait and see.

Either way its cost him money and a certain amount of credibility, not that he has much anyway, at least with fans of other tracks.

I'm sure that will bother Rob not:party:

The track was perfect yesterday morning... Amateurs riding it no problem whatsoever. It was watered at least 3 times that I saw (including before anyone even rode it)

I heard whispers that the power was accidentally cut to the stadium Friday morning and the club was too embarrassed to admit, so just called it for the weather (or lack there of) Kinda silly really

Edited by Diamonds85

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

The track was perfect yesterday morning... Amateurs riding it no problem whatsoever. It was watered at least 3 times that I saw (including before anyone even rode it)

I heard whispers that the power was accidentally cut to the stadium Friday morning and the club was too embarrassed to admit, so just called it for the weather (or lack there of) Kinda silly really

It was on Twitter that the power supply to the stadium had accidentally been cut at around midday.

26 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

It was on Twitter that the power supply to the stadium had accidentally been cut at around midday.

'Around Midday',,, is that before or after the postponement?

The post is still on Scunthorpe Speedway Twitter page, i think it said it happened at 12.05 and posted on the page a few hrs later

4 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

The post is still on Scunthorpe Speedway Twitter page, i think it said it happened at 12.05 and posted on the page a few hrs later

Aye, but that hole looks like it's been there a while,,, the builder has even had his packed lunch by the looks of it!,,, is that a bottle of tango or fanta?

I dunno how to copy the post but it said summit like " just to compound the weather situation the power supply to stadium had been cut (12.05) and still not restored" That was posted at 16.08 i think.

Edited by kevin bass
Corrected

5 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Aye, but that hole looks like it's been there a while,,, the builder has even had his packed lunch by the looks of it!,,, is that a bottle of tango or fanta?

Might even be Lucozade:)

7 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

Might even be Lucozade:)

or 'happy shopper' orange?

3 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

or 'happy shopper' orange?

:rofl:, but the real question is did the power supply or lack of it really cause the postponement or was it the weather or a bit of both, that we'll probably never know hey.

37 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

I love a good conspiracy theory... is that a man wearing a badge hiding behind the grassy knoll? It does look remarkably dry in the photo though :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

I love a good conspiracy theory... is that a man wearing a badge hiding behind the grassy knoll? It does look remarkably dry in the photo though :lol:

Haps it looks dry coz the actually wasn't any rain to postpone it:)only someone local to the track can answer that one.

1 minute ago, kevin bass said:

Haps it looks dry coz the actually wasn't any rain to postpone it:)only someone local to the track can answer that one.

Perhaps there was not any rain but just went on the weather forecast that it would rain at start time.

2 minutes ago, soupy said:

Perhaps there was not any rain but just went on the weather forecast that it would rain at start time.

Plus they had no power to the stadium at the time:party:if the Twitter post is genuine.