British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

20.05.22 - Scunthorpe v Newcastle (league, BSN)

36 minutes ago, eric i said:

Seems they have changed their mind and its just a guest booking now.

Yeah weird one because Alcock shared it on his Instagram. The only reason why wouldn’t want to officially sign him is if we don’t want to redeclare and risk not being able to bring Kinsley back in with rising averages everywhere else in the team, I believe I’m recalling the rules correctly ?!

Edited by Ryan555
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, eric i said:

Joe Alcock for ryan, RR for Palin. I never heard of the European under 23 team championship. 

Got to be honest, I have never heard of Joe Alcock, I must get out more.

• Like 1

Yeah, just a misunderstanding. Now told Rob G where the incorrect information stemmed from, so he can also make sure there's no further misunderstanding tomorrow.

6 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

Yeah weird one because Alcock shared it on his Instagram. The only reason why wouldn’t want to officially sign him is if we don’t want to redeclare and risk not being able to bring Kinsley back in with rising averages everywhere else in the team, I believe I’m recalling the rules correctly ?!

An injured rider may re-take their position, dictated by their MA (with their replacement being released) regardless of average.

• Thanks 1

Probably best as I saw forecast yesterday & thought similar & looking at this

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/map/gcx8c5kxh#?map=Rainfall&zoom=8&lon=-0.65&lat=53.59&fcTime=1653001200

the heaviest rainfall will be between 5 & 7pm.

• Like 1

Considering what Rob said in the clubhouse after last weeks meeting that it was almost called off after he put new shale down & it did not bed in & turned to mush, what would the track be like after a possible deluge for the riders & fans. We do not want to see/read "from the gate after bend 2 after being filled in. Some riders packing in as could not see."

It is not about the "now" but track prep & conditions later.

Edited by IronScorpion
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Considering what Rob said in the clubhouse after last weeks meeting that it was almost called off after he put new shale down & it did not bed in & turned to mush, what would the track be like after a possible deluge for the riders & fans. We do not want to see/read "from the gate after bend 2 after being filled in. Some riders packing in as could not see."

It is not about the "now" but track prep & conditions later.

Pity they never thought about that when Poole  where in town last season 

7 minutes ago, soupy said:

Possibly because the fixture deadline was looming and Poole had some of their fixtures still to complete  

8 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Possibly because the fixture deadline was looming and Poole had some of their fixtures still to complete  

Probably but track was rideable and I visited that day and was not impressed at all as was staying at Mablethorpe.

15 hours ago, OldtimerRay said:

Got to be honest, I have never heard of Joe Alcock, I must get out more.

It's Alcock & Bull, aka Ant & Dec!  :rofl:

2 hours ago, soupy said:

From what I remember, the track was wet but Poole just were not interested. The race times were not too slow(around 59-60 seconds) & as others have said, it was towards the end of the season when Poole had quite a few more meetings to race so just got on with it, hoping to be in front after heat 10 so the result could be declared. Was it not, also, the meeting when the away manager tried to use a TS in heat 8? 

18 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

From what I remember, the track was wet but Poole just were not interested. The race times were not too slow(around 59-60 seconds) & as others have said, it was towards the end of the season when Poole had quite a few more meetings to race so just got on with it, hoping to be in front after heat 10 so the result could be declared. Was it not, also, the meeting when the away manager tried to use a TS in heat 8? 

Yes it was quite funny when he sent Ryan Douglas who was guesting out in heat 8 as a tac sub

Edited by Ryan555