British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Oxford v Birmingham Tues 17th May

There was a lot of green light go starting tonight & Birmingham worked it out.

I have to say Oxford need to take a good look at a few riders returns around their home circuit.

Oxford having been fielding a team 3points under the limit all season (bar the opening meeting), alongside disappointing returns from some, adds up to a poor return all round.

Credit where credit is due. I was highly critical of  Laurence Rogers but he made the right call on heat 14. Well done Laurence . 

I wasn’t expecting this result but the boys rode brilliantly. A great all around team effort and so nice to see the riders coming down to our small bunch of fans snd celebrating with us after doing well in races snd,  after the last heat.  The riders looked as happy as we were. 
stunning debut from Sedgemen. 

11 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Do riders need "sick notes" or can they just say not well i aint coming,if a note is needed does it have anytime limits on it?

Yes, they need proof for an injury. If they are "unwell" it's an automatic 7 day break from racing.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Shrimmy said:

Hmmm where is all the sedgeman doubters 

Here. Delighted for Sedgy but really didnt see that coming. If he continues to get half that score he will be considered a huge success. Still got a long way to go though.

Sedgeman was head and shoulders over everyone from the gate, due to the rain gating was so so important. Personally i thought the meeting should've been halted till the rain passed over and then try to sort the track out. 

James Pearson looks like a good little rider considering he's probably not raced in conditions as they were, fair play to Nick Morris too who was trying bloody hard..

Adam who ??? :D

Credit to our riders (plus Tom Brenan)

Edited by GiveusaB

45 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Adam who ??? :D

Credit to our riders (plus Tom Brenan), Oxford must be poor ?....can't comment as I wasn't there.

I predict that Oxford will call on Ryan Douglas tonight?

Fair play to Sedgeman who may have finally realised he's in last chance saloon in UK and needs to apply the talent he's always had.

It was a greasy track that suited gaters and he made a start every race. We shouldn't heap pressure on him to do that every week, if he scores 7 or 8 points its job done.

First visit to Oxford since the late 80's. Good Crowd, appreciative home support too who don't just seem to be there to see the Team win with some good banter.

Restored my faith a little and I may have found a second home of sorts as although a longer trip, with likely traffic chaos around PB worsening if I get a clear run down m42 and 40 its not that much worse than sitting on m6 Car park every Wednesday.

The new track shape at Cowley is excellent and like the way they've moved the Pits and made it visible and not hidden away.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HGould said:

Fair play to Sedgeman who may have finally realised he's in last chance saloon in UK and needs to apply the talent he's always had.

It was a greasy track that suited gaters and he made a start every race. We shouldn't heap pressure on him to do that every week, if he scores 7 or 8 points its job done.

First visit to Oxford since the late 80's. Good Crowd, appreciative home support too who don't just seem to be there to see the Team win with some good banter.

Restored my faith a little and I may have found a second home of sorts as although a longer trip, with likely traffic chaos around PB worsening if I get a clear run down m42 and 40 its not that much worse than sitting on m6 Car park every Wednesday.

The new track shape at Cowley is excellent and like the way they've moved the Pits and made it visible and not hidden away.

Travelling from Warwick...it could become my second home too ....I'm just waiting for all the fuss to die down and as soon as I can pay on the gate, I'll be making the trip.

I also went in the 80's when they had Nielsen and our Andy! :t:

3 minutes ago, HGould said:

I think it is a measure of how well things have gone at Oxford this season (results excepted) that this positive comment comes after what was easily the worst meeting so far (both in terms of crowd and racing entertainment).