British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

STEVE BOLE, EASTBOURNE, 1954

Details regarding the speedway career of Steve Bole before 1954 would be appreciated,

Steve Bole, who had a brilliant one season with Eastbourne in their SAL days, then surprisingly quit racing at the end of 1954.

Guess who wrote that?

I guess he only had one season in Eastbourne then quit at the end of 1954......nothing else to know I presume.

3 hours ago, JohnHyam said:

Details regarding the speedway career of Steve Bole before 1954 would be appreciated,

1 hour ago, andout said:

Steve Bole, who had a brilliant one season with Eastbourne in their SAL days, then surprisingly quit racing at the end of 1954.Guess who wrote that?I guess he only had one season in Eastbourne then quit at the end of 1954......nothing else to know I presume.

Thank you andout. The information I would like is in regard to Steve Bole's training school background prior to his reasonably successful 1954 season with Eastbourne.

Edited by Guest

Firstly - and I have told you this before - DO NOT QUOTE EVERY POST IN THE THREAD! You only need to quote the single post to which you are replying.

Steve Bole rode in the Matchams Championship at Ringwood on August 3, 1952. He had three rides (2, 3, EF), and beat riders like Gil Goldfinch and Jim Chalkley.

Steve Bole was a motor cycle dealer who was a month short of his 34th birthday when he made his debut for Eastbourne.  As he was from north-east London it is possible that he may have attended training school sessions at High Beech.  In the winter of 1948-49 145 riders took part in training sessions organised by Speedway World, at High Beech and Rye House.  Training sessions were also held on a smaller scale the following winter.  D. Bole made one appearance for High Beech in 1950, at California.  As his first name was not recorded maybe it was the same Bole, or it could just be coincidence - he may even have been borrowed from the home juniors to replace a missing rider.  There was no mention of a rider named Bole in High Beech programmes around that time.

1 hour ago, chunky said:

Firstly - and I have told you this before - DO NOT QUOTE EVERY POST IN THE THREAD! You only need to quote the single post to which you are replying.

Congratulations on your elevation to BSF moderator status!

7 minutes ago, JohnHyam said:

Congratulations on your elevation to BSF moderator status!

John... There is a standard behaviour on online groups and forums, behaviour that everyone else can accept and abide by. Why do you not have to conform? And you wonder why you keep getting suspended?

The guidelines posted here regarding quotes states "When quoting another post, kindly select only the words that specifically apply to your response." We had moved on from your initial post, therefore repeating that was totally irrelevant - as is the majority of your quoted material.

This is the BRITISH Speedway forum, not the JOHN HYAM Speedway Forum. It is not up to you to change the way things are done, however special you think you may be... If you wish to start a new thread called, "Look at Me, I'm John Hyam!" please feel free. However, just remember that you are not a moderator either...

Edited by chunky