British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham v Oxford Wed 18th May

BIRMINGHAM: Claus Vissing, Stefan Nielsen, Justin Sedgmen, Ashley Morris, Kyle Howarth, James Shanes, James Pearson.

OXFORD: Scott Nicholls, Kyle Newman, Jack Thomas, Cameron Heeps, Nick Morris, Dillon Ruml, Nathan Stoneman.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Rain forecast from 7pm ..... "just being honest" ! 

Not just rain but persistent rain for 4 hours. Accuweather thinks it might be a bit later so if they are right you might get 10 heats in. But the other main sites suggest a very poor outlook.

Another management error... why oh why didn't Shanes replace Pearson in Heat 12? 

Absolutely baffling decision in heat 15 putting Shanes in ahead of howarth. Cost the brummies the match.

• Like 2

Who made that heat 15 decision for brummies, has soon as I saw line up I knew we had lost, terrible decision

8 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Another management error... why oh why didn't Shanes replace Pearson in Heat 12? 

Yep.

8 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Absolutely baffling decision in heat 15 putting Shanes in ahead of howarth. Cost the brummies the match.

Yep

5 minutes ago, Gerbat1875 said:

Who made that heat 15 decision for brummies, has soon as I saw line up I knew we had lost, terrible decision

Laurence Rogers, the genial team manager... I read somewhere that James Shanes mows Rogers's lawn for him so there's obviously some favouritism going on, guaranteeing his favourite lawn mower extra rides to give him a decent pay day at the clubs expense rather than paying a decent wage out of his own pocket for cutting the grass.

Edited by uk_martin
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

And obviously you know what is happening in pits slumping over your computer, dope, proper fans are absolutely sick of your comments, totally negative and quite frankly unwelcome and if you want to make yourself known to me personally about your reference to my son in post on earlier page I will welcome your pathetic response 

• Like 4

Time to get Drury out of retirement, he would have at least tried to get a draw out of it, Oxford basically gifted the win here, but to be honest did deserve to win 

5 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Yep.

Yep

Laurence Rogers, the genial team manager... I read somewhere that James Shanes mows Rogers's lawn for him so there's obviously some favouritism going on, guaranteeing his favourite lawn mower extra rides to give him a decent pay day at the clubs expense rather than paying a decent wage out of his own pocket for cutting the grass.

I assume you heard that in your circle of friends who like you don’t know owt??? Shanes lives around 200 miles for the boss!! Think you might find it’s another rider who might do that in his spare time, next time get your facts right before making a complete fool of yourself 

15 minutes ago, Sargent10 said:

I assume you heard that in your circle of friends who like you don’t know owt??? Shanes lives around 200 miles for the boss!! Think you might find it’s another rider who might do that in his spare time, next time get your facts right before making a complete fool of yourself 

Yes its actually the captain that mows the lawn and uses the same sit on mower for speedway. ;)

Im not even a brum fan but thats criminal from LR if it was just a matter of showing loyalty to a brum rider rather than using howarth in ht 15.

Vissing would have been a more understandable shout.

Shanes and morris not beating heeps in 14 the killer there

31 minutes ago, ljriley90 said:

Im not even a brum fan but thats criminal from LR if it was just a matter of showing loyalty to a brum rider rather than using howarth in ht 15.

Vissing would have been a more understandable shout.

Shanes and morris not beating heeps in 14 the killer there

Match report on   Birmingham site states Howarth refused heat 15 due to track conditions due to the rain getting heavier

Before jumping to conclusions did Howarth want to ride in heat 15 or anyone else. The weather was horrible, track wet and was Shane's the only willing volunteer?

• Like 2