British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham v Oxford Wed 18th May

22 minutes ago, Petecc said:

Before jumping to conclusions did Howarth want to ride in heat 15 or anyone else. The weather was horrible, track wet and was Shane's the only willing volunteer?

Just seemed an odd decision after all the previous hard work. If the match was in the bag, it’s different.

1 hour ago, Brummies_Ste said:

I was trying to be diplomatic however if howarth did refuse to ride in heat 15, for me that would be him to the bottom of the guest list !!

• Like 1

Yes, Kyle declined heat 15. 

5 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Another management error... why oh why didn't Shanes replace Pearson in Heat 12? 

Ok before I jump the gun here again- Pearson already had 5 points on the board which at that point was more then Shane’s - so what is the logic here? He had been gating well in the conditions and simply just missed the gate in the final heat otherwise he would of been right in the middle of the action again, as he seems to be always. I actually think he deserved his final ride for the night.

9 hours ago, Petecc said:

Before jumping to conclusions did Howarth want to ride in heat 15 or anyone else. The weather was horrible, track wet and was Shane's the only willing volunteer?

Thats fair enough then, hadnt read the match report last night

Very good meeting IMO, some decent racing in the rain. Think Birmingham will be found wanting in heats 13 & 15 without an out & out number one. Credit to James Shanes, gave it a real go in heat 15, just pipped on the line by Bomber.

5 hours ago, Wow68 said:

Ok before I jump the gun here again- Pearson already had 5 points on the board which at that point was more then Shane’s - so what is the logic here? He had been gating well in the conditions and simply just missed the gate in the final heat otherwise he would of been right in the middle of the action again, as he seems to be always. I actually think he deserved his final ride for the night.

I accept your opinion...but, for me, Shanes is stronger than Pearson atm, so why wouldn't you put Shanes in ? 

Anyway, the fact that Pearson came last, proves my point.

I read a comment from Hobbit yesterday commending Rogers for leaving Pearson in in Heat 14 at Oxford (Pearson came second...) ?

Rogers just got lucky....it wasn't tactical to leave him in? Rogers just doesn't have a scooby do  when it comes to tactics!

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

I accept your opinion...but, for me, Shanes is stronger than Pearson atm, so why wouldn't you put Shanes in ? 

Anyway, the fact that Pearson came last, proves my point.

I read a comment from Hobbit yesterday commending Rogers for leaving Pearson in in Heat 14 at Oxford (Pearson came second...) ?

Rogers just got lucky....it wasn't tactical to leave him in? Rogers just doesn't have a scooby do  when it comes to tactics!

Imagine 10-15 years ago being in a last heat decider. Your guest would always go out for you and try and get the win. 

Spineless management , youd offer Howarth extra to go out and try and get a result. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The H Man said:

One for all other team managers to make a note of, when booking a guest. He's just shrunk his market value immensely. 

• Like 1

Weird that one....he did Heat 15 '2 weeks' ago v Scunthorpe ?

Perhaps he didn't have the bottle last night.....when it mattered ? or he had a mechanical issue ? 2 sides an all that !

11 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Perhaps he didn't have the bottle last night.....when it mattered ? or he had a mechanical issue ? 2 sides an all that !

Sure I read that he didn't ride in ht15 last night because he thought conditions were too bad.

He's the one risking life and limb so I'd say fairplay to him.

10 hours ago, Petecc said:

I was trying to be diplomatic however if howarth did refuse to ride in heat 15, for me that would be him to the bottom of the guest list !!

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Imagine 10-15 years ago being in a last heat decider. Your guest would always go out for you and try and get the win. 

Spineless management , youd offer Howarth extra to go out and try and get a result. 

17 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

One for all other team managers to make a note of, when booking a guest. He's just shrunk his market value immensely. 

7 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Just depends on what was agreed when the booking was taken, often now guest bookings are on a guarantee, often they are agreed 4 rides only, no heat 15 or tacticals, just depends whether the rider or promotion are in the driving seat when it's arranged. Who needs who the most. The skill is in the negotiation.

• Haha 1

“I know Kyle was the obvious choice to go out with Sedgy (Justin Sedgmen) in Heat 15 but he felt the track was deteriorating by that point with the way the rain was coming down.

“At the end of the day, he’s come in as a guest for us, he’d already ridden well to score ten points, he’s got an important meeting for his parent club Sheffield on Thursday and with all of that in mind I had to respect his wishes.”

Ho hum ... the usual supects spewing out their bile yet again ... can they just give it a rest now?