British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Stars v Aces 19/05/22

From Lynn website:

STARS V BELLE VUE, PREVIEW

Wednesday May 18, 2022
stars_bellevue.jpg
KING’S Lynn finally get their home Premiership campaign up and running when they host Belle Vue at the Adrian Flux Arena on Thursday (7.30pm).

The Minors & Brady Stars have been inactive on their home circuit since April 25 after the postponement of the recent home match with Wolverhampton due to stadium lighting issues.

But they have got off the mark in the league since then with a battling effort at Belle Vue on Monday, where they came back from 12 points down to salvage a league point.

Danish star Niels-Kristian Iversen was instrumental in that result with a 14-point haul, and skipper Josh Pickering provided a stunning overtake of Warsaw GP winner Max Fricke in Heat 13.

Boss Alex Brady names an unchanged side for the return fixture, with the Aces arriving in Norfolk on top of the table after three wins in four so far.

But the visitors are still without injured duo Matej Zagar and Jye Etheridge, with former Stars man Michael Palm Toft again stepping in as guest for Zagar, and rider replacement is in operation for Etheridge.

King’s Lynn co-promoter Dale Allitt said: “It’s been a bit of a break because of the last home meeting being postponed, and as a team we now want to get points on the board.

“It was a good result on Monday at Belle Vue but we do need to finish the job at home.

“I know Alex will be looking for a home win, and four points from the two meetings would be good – but equally Lemo (Mark Lemon) will want to come and take four points himself.

“I think the league as a whole is going to be quite tight. We’ve seen Ipswich go to Wolverhampton and win, but then they lost at home to Sheffield.

“So maybe Belle Vue and Sheffield look the strongest on paper at the moment – but it’s all about getting in the play-offs, and once you do that then it’s anybody’s as we’ve seen many times.”

KING’S LYNN: Niels-Kristian Iversen, Thomas Jorgensen, Richard Lawson, Lewis Kerr, Josh Pickering, Richie Worrall, Jack Thomas.
BELLE VUE: Max Fricke, Jye Etheridge R/R, Charles Wright, Michael Palm Toft, Brady Kurtz, Norick Blodorn, Tom Brennan.

*KING’S Lynn have named Josh Pickering and Richard Lawson as their pairing for the first round of the Premiership Pairs at Peterborough on Monday, with Jack Thomas in the Rising Star berth.

You should delete this and add a link instead Bagpuss. Revenue can be generated through clicks and clubs need all the help financially they can get. 

So the Aces are with out Zagar and Jye again. Shame, but i still think it will be tight one. The Aces still have Fricke and Kurtz in 13 and 15 if they choose to.

MPT should bag  7 or 8 from 4 if he's going well, But it's a bit hit and miss with guests. And RR  for Jye maybe 4-5. Tom is going well and will be busy, so Richie will need to have a better night that he had on Monday night at the NSS.. Looking forward to a close one. It seems to have been ages since the last home meeting.  We need to try and deny the Aces a point if we can, but i see it around a 4 point gap in the Stars favour. I'd be well happy with 4 points from the 2 BV meetings :t:

Edited by Bald Bloke

I normally get my predictions wrong when I say the Aces will win away from home, so here goes. Home win 47-43B)

1 minute ago, hyderd said:

I normally get my predictions wrong when I say the Aces will win away from home, so here goes. Home win 47-43B)

I got it the same ^^. But i get the feeling you think your lads can nick it;)

trying to book tickets... anyone know whats occuring?

Your connection isn't private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from kingslynnstarstickets.seatedly.com (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

9 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

trying to book tickets... anyone know whats occuring?

Your connection isn't private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from kingslynnstarstickets.seatedly.com (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

Is that on your phone? Does that come up with Google?

I just tried on my PC for you and got this. It took 3 goes though. You can pay cash or card on the gate if you can't get it to work. I got all the way to paying after the 3rd attempt. Don't show it now as timed out.

Premiership 2022 - Belle Vue Aces (A) (seatlab.com)

Edited by Bald Bloke

14 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Kings Lynn riding against a team missing riders now thats new !!  :D

Not ideal Scooby, i know . I think RR will just about cover Jye and MPT should match Zagar's 2 match away average of 6.80 :P

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Not ideal Scooby, i know . I think RR will just about cover Jye and MPT should match Zagar's 2 match away average of 6.80 :P

Surprised at MPT being used hes been inconsistent in both leagues so far , suppose they have gone with his laps of the AFA

33 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Surprised at MPT being used hes been inconsistent in both leagues so far , suppose they have gone with his laps of the AFA

Would Harris have been a better choice.  Or King?  Wolves are at Owlerton, so Panthers or Witches riders are the only ones available.

39 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

When you look at it. It could be any Panthers rider or any Ippo apart from Doyle.  I'm not sure there is much better out there.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Belle Vue to win.

MPT is effectively a No.1 around the AFA so he's an improvement on Zagar around the place. Belle Vue also benefit by running R/R for Etheridge tonight as well.

1 hour ago, Col said:

Would Harris have been a better choice.  Or King?  Wolves are at Owlerton, so Panthers or Witches riders are the only ones available.

Normally yes to Harris but with the amount of meetings in Uk and representing GB over last weekend his bikes must be knackered let alone him plus his missus and kids must want to see him sometime this week !!