British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Stars v Aces 19/05/22

Heat 13 and 15....WOW!

Glad to see Lawson looking more like his old self. Brave call giving him heat 15 but he nailed it.

Been pleasantly surprised by Jack Thomas. Exceeded my expectations, helped by being able to gate well, but turning into a very decent reserve.

As others has said Lewi is a worry and expecting more from Worrall at reserve.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I worry Lewi is done. Don't know what's wrong with Worrall.

?

7 hours ago, kelvinht said:

Heat 13 and 15....WOW!

Glad to see Lawson looking more like his old self. Brave call giving him heat 15 but he nailed it.

Been pleasantly surprised by Jack Thomas. Exceeded my expectations, helped by being able to gate well, but turning into a very decent reserve.

As others has said Lewi is a worry and expecting more from Worrall at reserve.

I said to my friends ht 15 will be Pickering and Lawson.I just felt after his ht 12 win over Kurtz he was really up for it.I don't think iv'e seen any emotion from Lawson before but when he won that one their was a few fist pumps from him,like he thought he himself is back to where he should be.That reason alone i felt he was ready for ht 15 as he must have been pumped up to do it.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

The results tonight have shown that the 2 so called prediction favouites for the league can be beaten , Sheffield wasnt league but they were beaten at home

All the teams in the premiership can beat each other , Peterborough are the ones who seem the weakest but with one good signing they could be back in it as well.

Absolutely no favourite this year imo . Already seeing riders missing / injured , no point having a great team on paper if your running r/r or guests 

The Prem may only have six clubs but it's far less predictable than the Champs which has massive gulf between sides and is only competitive in some cases due to dodgy guests.

• Like 2

Well done the Stars on there win - a 10 point win over one of the title favourites has to be a great result- so Kerr and Worral had a quite night I’m sure both will pay an important part in up coming meetings was still a 10 point win what some would like a 15-20 point win I guess 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Haza said:

Well done the Stars on there win - a 10 point win over one of the title favourites has to be a great result- so Kerr and Worral had a quite night I’m sure both will pay an important part in up coming meetings was still a 10 point win what some would like a 15-20 point win I guess 

You are quite right, would rather be winning by 10 than 20 but I feel after the start we've made this team has a decent chance of honours this year, to that end the two riders mentioned have had a bad week and need to do better, I'm sure they will. The beauty of the way the team is built is that somebody will usually step up if others are struggling.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

The Prem may only have six clubs but it's far less predictable than the Champs which has massive gulf between sides and is only competitive in some cases due to dodgy guests.

100%...

As someone who doesnt bother who wins , I have to say the Premiership usually means competitive racing even if the score is quite wide..

I do though watch at the NSS so maybe that clouds my judgement.. 

Overall for circa £20 it is a reasonable product...

As long as you dont take the result or the make up of the teams too seriously, obviously.. 

Edited by mikebv

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

You are quite right, would rather be winning by 10 than 20 but I feel after the start we've made this team has a decent chance of honours this year, to that end the two riders mentioned have had a bad week and need to do better, I'm sure they will. The beauty of the way the team is built is that somebody will usually step up if others are struggling.

Was a winning formula for Peterborough last season always having riders stepping up and with a mix of riders who rode specific tracks well,  Lynn's toughest home match so far has been the Panthers without MPT but since then Peterborough have nose dived badly, ,  Nicholls and Andersen have improved confidence and machinery wise with some good scores in the championship  but Lynn look strong , should be a good meeting on 30th May

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

Is it true there's serious concern around the club over attendances?? 

Are they way down?? 

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

?

Lewi is a worry for me. I don't know if there's something wrong, but looks like he's on the slide to me. Richie should be tearing it up at reserve, but he has been very poor so far. Jack is doing well and outscoring both of them.

The averages after 3 League meetings Lewi 3.64,  Richie 3.76, and Jack is at 4.36. 

Seeing Richard walking in the pits, he is still carrying his injury, but had a great meeting.

12 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Are they way down?? 

Don't think they are way down.In,i think it was the programme the other week that they said they were happy with the attendance.I definitely read that somewhere.

6 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Are they way down?? 

They look ok to me. Up a little on last season i would say.

8 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

They look ok to me. Up a little on last season i would say.

Winning team and Covid less of a problem they should be up - though cost of living crisis might counter act the other two . 

Was a bit surprised Palm Toft wasn’t put in heat 15 considering he’d won 3 of his 4 rides.