British Speedway Forum
chunky

Favourite Memorabilia

Although i don't have one particular item that is massively valuable or rare, I am quite chuffed I have every Speedway Star and one-off World Final programme.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WembleyLion said:

My entire collection of Wembley Lions home programmes which is complete from 1929 to 1939, 1946 to 1956 and finally 1970/71. 

My favourite is probably the first one dated 16 May 1929!

That means not the Star Finals also? Great Collection!

1 hour ago, frigbo said:

Although i don't have one particular item that is massively valuable or rare, I am quite chuffed I have every Speedway Star and one-off World Final programme.

The three pre-war and the 61 fetch good prices these days the '36 went for over 300 quid recently.

• Like 2

Interesting Topic, I have been collecting speedway memorabilia from when I first use to go on a Friday night 1968 at Wolves. I have speedway bikes, penants, rosettes, big collection of photos, race jackets, and over 40,000 programmes, possibily my rarest programme is my Northampton 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, andout said:

That means not the Star Finals also? Great Collection!

Thank you - yes I’m missing a few Star Finals and one Test match. If I can get them I’ll have every single Speedway programme from Wembley Stadium.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WembleyLion said:

Thank you - yes I’m missing a few Star Finals and one Test match. If I can get them I’ll have every single Speedway programme from Wembley Stadium.

I'm missing a Star Final (1931) from my collection too but I do have all the Internationals.........What international are you missing? I have a few spare from the '30's?

16 minutes ago, andout said:

I'm missing a Star Final (1931) from my collection too but I do have all the Internationals.........What international are you missing? I have a few spare from the '30's?

The missing test match is 07/06/34. Happy to buy it off you if you have a spare.

Many thanks 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WembleyLion said:

The missing test match is 07/06/34. Happy to buy it off you if you have a spare.

Many thanks 

Sent you a PM.

11 hours ago, andout said:

Sent you a PM.

Don't worry, it might not be Boris. :D

20 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Don't worry, it might not be Boris. :D

:t: Definitely NOT!

Although I do have some stuff that isn’t related to meetings I have been to or riders i have seen, most of my stuff is fairly personal. So I wonder once a collection gets going, does it become something of an obsession?

13 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Although I do have some stuff that isn’t related to meetings I have been to or riders i have seen, most of my stuff is fairly personal. So I wonder once a collection gets going, does it become something of an obsession?

YES! It does become a bit of an obsession but its fun doing it most of the time at long as it doesn't get out of control.

• Like 1

Some stuff I've hung on to. But more I've got rid of and regretted.

I've still got a Chris Morton oil painting by Dave Ellis. Still got a Mort programme board by Speedart. Ones I have pangs of regret to have shifted on via ebay or otherwise are:

• Mike Patrick "World of Speedway" book which was packed with signed pages; PC, Carter, Mauger, Morans, Crump, Schwartz, Nielsen, Knudsen, Wigg, Mort, Gundersen etc.
  • Soren Sjosten testimonial programme in mint condition signed by Sjosten
  • Chris Morton Testimonial body colour signed
  • Chris Morton England body colour signed

Favourite isn't the most appropriate word, but the piece of memorabilia that means the most to me is the Order of Service from Denny Pyeatt's Memorial at Christ Church on Christchurch Road Reading.