Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
chunky

Favourite Memorabilia

Seeing a discussion on another thread about an old 'Ammers t-shirt, what is your fave old speedway memorabilia?

I have an old Wimbledon scarf. Nothing fancy or printed, just a hand-knitted red and yellow scarf. What makes it special is that it was given to me as a kid by Art Maidment, Cyril's brother. It is well over 50 years old...

• Like 1

My White City progamme board!

I do have quite a lot of memorabilia and a fair amount would be considered favourite

But most spcial favourite is i guess my old Dons Olle Nygren rosette, as it is the very first piece of speedway memorabilia my parents bought me

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, iris123 said:

I do have quite a lot of memorabilia and a fair amount would be considered favourite

But most spcial favourite is i guess my old Dons Olle Nygren rosette, as it is the very first piece of speedway memorabilia my parents bought me

Try to tell the kids of today about rosettes, year bars, and sun visors, and they won't believe you...

• Like 1

My favourite piece of memorabilia is a 1964 Sunderland 'Saints' complete with year bar.

I also have a winged wheel Peter Craven badge which I love. I don't think it is that old though.?

As well as the 'Ammers t-shirt mentioned in the op and all my old programmes from 1960 onwards, I still have my orange and black New Cross scarf as well as some draw tickets from the good old days when Ernie Hancock was secretary of the New Cross Supporters' Club. I donated my New Cross badge to The British Museum as I knew someone who worked there at the time!

Most of my memorabilia is programmes, mainly British Internationals dating back to 1928, love the pre-war one's.

If anyone is interested you can see most of my collection (although this site has not been updated for several years) here.

http://www.internationalspeedway.co.uk/unitedkingdom.htm

Just click through them, I have all these programmes in my collection.

• Like 2

Although I first went to speedway in April 1946 I do not have any Memorabilia.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, JohnHyam said:

Then your comment isn't really relevant to the thread then, is it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnHyam said:

1 hour ago, chunky said:

Then your comment isn't really relevant to the thread then, is it?

I think my comment is in so far as it shows that not everyone who goes to speedway follows the thread topic under discussion. 

Edited by Guest

I think my comment is in so far as it shows that not everyone who goes to speedway follows the thread topic under discussion. 

But you don't go to Speedway!!!! Can we stop this somehow before yet another thread is destroyed please!

• Like 2

I have a plastic penguin from the centre green at Costa Mesa, that was made up to look like a referee as it's painted with black and white vertical stripes!!! 

The US customs checked it out and were suprised that there was no packages stuffed inside. However my mates prize winning super large 'Las Vegas' Teddy Bear had the razor blade treatment.:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I asked for people to name their favourite memorabilia. NOT ONCE did I ask for people to tell me that they didn't have any memorabilia...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

My entire collection of Wembley Lions home programmes which is complete from 1929 to 1939, 1946 to 1956 and finally 1970/71. 

My favourite is probably the first one dated 16 May 1929!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, WembleyLion said:

My entire collection of Wembley Lions home programmes which is complete from 1929 to 1939, 1946 to 1956 and finally 1970/71. 

My favourite is probably the first one dated 16 May 1929!

Wow! That's some collection!