British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

27/28 May - Scunny v Leicester KOC

11 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Ah, the Leicester track…crap… no passing…quality of racing etc, seem to recall this may have come up before. The best riders have never made an excuse for the BP track (which does seem to be getting better), attack it and find racing lines to pass. That goes for home and away riders. On the subject of the Scunny stream presenters, I watched the Lions league match recently (didn’t bother with tonight) and found them to be quite embarrassing. I accept that they may be doing it for free, fair play on that front, but they really need to up their game before they could be considered anything near amateurs. 
Most important thing about tonight of course is young Joe’s injury. Fingers crossed for him.

The last time Lions were at EWR, the "commentators" claimed Dan Thompson was reknowned for knocking other riders off!!!!

50 minutes ago, ScottyJ said:

Best you feel better getting all that out now ! I agree it's a joke right now and needs a major overhaul. What worries me is everyone is saying the support is poor. They simply can't survive with low ticket sales

Yes they can.  Rob has previously admitted, without the Stock Car meetings, he couldn't run speedway.

28 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

The last time Lions were at EWR, the "commentators" claimed Dan Thompson was reknowned for knocking other riders off!!!!

Thats because Dan  usually beats their golden boy & the saviour of British Speedway Jordan Palin. I have never seen anyone over hyped since ……… Kyle Bickley

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

Does that make him any worse than a former Glasgow rider was was accused of knocking another rider’s wife off?

• Haha 1

It’s all to easy to slate any promoters,but what we need to do is a way forward . Riders are in short supply as are paramedics ,my question is do any sides have Paramedics within there support inside the stadium who could gain free entry to meetings and be used as a replacement paramedic in instances like Friday night or do they have to be registered to become a replacement paramedic ??

As I can see the situation happening again this season 

7 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

It’s all to easy to slate any promoters,but what we need to do is a way forward . Riders are in short supply as are paramedics ,my question is do any sides have Paramedics within there support inside the stadium who could gain free entry to meetings and be used as a replacement paramedic in instances like Friday night or do they have to be registered to become a replacement paramedic ??

As I can see the situation happening again this season 

Not only do you need a paramedic, you need an ‘ equipped’ paramedic with appropriate medically equipped transport, so one ‘ from the crowd ‘ is hardly going to be suitable.

First and foremost, we wish Joe Alcock and Ryan Douglas the best of recoveries from their injuries gained on Friday Evening.

It is with disappointment that some of you weren’t satisfied with some aspects of our livestream, and I can understand why. Our commentary team, first and foremost, are very new at the job and will take some time to get used to their job and being impartial as they are both life long Scunthorpe supporters.

The commentary team of Dan and Spence would both like to apologise on here for any comments made that offended anyone, and will issue another public apology on the stream on Friday. With them being relatively new at this job – they would both be very grateful for any help in making them better.

The crew would like to apologise for the dissatisfaction to any fans offended by comments made and hope that if you choose to tune into Scorpions TV again in the near future, that your viewing experience be more pleasurable.

Dan,

Scorpions TV

3 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

First and foremost, we wish Joe Alcock and Ryan Douglas the best of recoveries from their injuries gained on Friday Evening.

It is with disappointment that some of you weren’t satisfied with some aspects of our livestream, and I can understand why. Our commentary team, first and foremost, are very new at the job and will take some time to get used to their job and being impartial as they are both life long Scunthorpe supporters.

The commentary team of Dan and Spence would both like to apologise on here for any comments made that offended anyone, and will issue another public apology on the stream on Friday. With them being relatively new at this job – they would both be very grateful for any help in making them better.

The crew would like to apologise for the dissatisfaction to any fans offended by comments made and hope that if you choose to tune into Scorpions TV again in the near future, that your viewing experience be more pleasurable.

Dan,

Scorpions TV

You can poke your apology :t:

3 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

Dan,

Scorpions TV

They don't have to be impartial, no one is on their own clubs stream! But reading the comments on here, maybe not be negative about the opposition! 

I will buy the stream when Poole are there, just dreading what they are going to say about us! lol. I will give them a fair chance before I mute it! ;):P

Before streaming, if you could not get to a meeting you used live radio, if available, or updates which can be biased. We have got to be thank full to all that help us out. 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2022 at 6:35 PM, ScunnyDan said:

Dan,

Scorpions TV

I paid for the live stream last Friday. Is there any chance of a refund? If this is not possible and assuming I am allowed to watch a future stream for free, can I pick the meeting or does it have to be the replay? 

My preference would be a refund and second choice would be a meeting of my choosing. 

Many thanks in advance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tinker said:

I paid for the live stream last Friday. Is there any chance of a refund? If this is not possible and assuming I am allowed to watch a future stream for free, can I pick the meeting or does it have to be the replay? 

My preference would be a refund and second choice would be a meeting of my choosing. 

Many thanks in advance.

Have messaged you privately 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2022 at 6:35 PM, ScunnyDan said:

Dan,

Scorpions TV

Quite honestly if you need to be told/ pointed out, about not making mindless comments. Then perhaps it is not really the job for you.

How about this for an idea. Why not just think before you open your mouth. 

• Haha 1

Tatum & the late Pearson were very passionate about their job & have/had been doing it for years but they did make the occasional howler.