British Speedway Forum
lbw

Birmingham vs Poole 25th May

I can't honestly see who on the Brummies team can beat King / Worrall / Lawson - Sedgmen maybe if he gates as well as he did last week, but apart from that can't see it happening.

25 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

King tends to get better as the season goes on tbh, which is the way to do it!

@Jaizer what is Brennan normally like at Birmingham?

Also @foreverblue Tom normally rides at 5 for Glasgow! So sure he's used to riding as a HL!!

Brennan is fair around PB...he would average 7 comfortably against weaker opposition...but I can't see him beating Poole's top 3?

The biggest weak link for us is 'Vissing' at no.1....he wont beat any of Poole's heat leaders either!

If Morris is on his game and can stay on for 4 laps, then he might come up with a decent score...but it will be to little effect.

10 minutes ago, Osirian08 said:

I can't honestly see who on the Brummies team can beat King / Worrall / Lawson - Sedgmen maybe if he gates as well as he did last week, but apart from that can't see it happening.

Totally agree! 

57 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Also @foreverblue Tom normally rides at 5 for Glasgow! So sure he's used to riding as a HL!!

Haven't paid great deal of attention, we were at PB early in season last year before Tom moved up. But i don't think any track he rides poorly and gives 110% every race.

If he gates I don't see the gating tarts (:P) getting past him. 

As you say he's ridden at HL all season and was 3rd HL riding at 3/4 second half of last season. 

I'm genuinely shocked at the negativity towards him as a guest. Sure played a part in the win at Oxford but not good enough for PB?

Edit: he scored 9 in NDL in 2018 if that gives any clue 

Looking at Eastbourne team what happened to Georgie wood? Wasn't he considered as hot a prospect as TB at the time?

Edited by Jaizer
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Looking at Eastbourne team what happened to Georgie wood? Wasn't he considered as hot a prospect as TB at the time?

Perhaps by a few but most knew Tom would go further. Sadly for Georgie pockets weren't deep enough and dedication was found wanting at times. Unbelievable talent on a bike but like many before and since that simply insn't enough to get to the top.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Perhaps by a few but most knew Tom would go further. Sadly for Georgie pockets weren't deep enough and dedication was found wanting at times. Unbelievable talent on a bike but like many before and since that simply insn't enough to get to the top.

He made a good few quid out of sponsorship we later found out but where that money went....

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I would imagine Brennan is good at most tracks in this league, not as good as our heat leaders though and although King is a bit off form currently, i would expect a decent performance tonight.

43 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I would imagine Brennan is good at most tracks in this league, not as good as our heat leaders though and although King is a bit off form currently, i would expect a decent performance tonight.

Injuries permitting.....!

I remember Brennan riding PB very well in Championship early in 2019 season. 

It would have been before he had his bad leg injury so possibly in the Shield 

I don't think he'll let us down. 

15 minutes ago, HGould said:

I remember Brennan riding PB very well in Championship early in 2019 season. 

It would have been before he had his bad leg injury so possibly in the Shield 

I don't think he'll let us down. 

9 from 5 in some Shield cup thing, one of his first few meetings at champ level, that leg break was bad he's done well as 2019 was a wasted season..

Nobody is questioning Brennans talent, but is he the strongest option available? 

Yes, he's better than Auty, all day long, but we're facing the strongest team in the league and with Vissing barely scoring half his average, we need all the help we can get from available options. 

No Shanes doesn't help!

It's the managers selections we're disappointed with...not Brennan himself!

21 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Must have imagined the race vs Newcastle when both Zach Cook and King passed Complin after he gated then! :rofl:

Can't imagine it was too hard for ex British Champion King to pass Complin who hasn't ridden for 9 years on his own track in all honesty... 

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Nobody is questioning Brennans talent, but is he the strongest option available? 

Yes, he's better than Auty, all day long, but we're facing the strongest team in the league and with Vissing barely scoring half his average, we need all the help we can get from available options. 

No Shanes doesn't help!

It's the managers selections we're disappointed with...not Brennan himself!

I suppose there maybe an older more experienced rider who's deemed a stronger option, but on Auty's average on the night I would rather come to watch an up and coming rider who's getting better by the month, who will ride his socks off whatever, as it's at PB and not at Poole, I genuinely think he'll out score his average which is all you can ask of a guest really. 

• Like 2

Bow down to the, Bow down to the KING!