British Speedway Forum
lbw

Birmingham vs Poole 25th May

40 minutes ago, bluejam said:

The whole of the Brummies team have been disappointing this season so far even though I can't attend anymore:(

Change the team manager,the club beggar,I do everything behind the scenes without being paid etc.etc.Just maybe,maybe things will move on;)

If I'm out of of order with my comments then please let me know:neutral:

Please can the Brummies be a competitive outfit instead of just making up the numbers in the Championship league :(

Laurence is well liked by riders and promoters alike within speedway and his knowledge of the sport is unquestionable so I don't think he's going anywhere fast tbh. He will always put together the best team possible within the budget he's given too. The Masons always said that getting Laurence in was one of the best things they had done and they've been around the sport a long time. 

Maybe they could talk Will Pottinger in to help on a short term basis to take the pressure off Laurence if they felt it was needed? 

Tom was out helping the 2nd half riders after the meeting.

I think Vissing was struggling from a neck injury after his tape exclusion, looked pretty nasty

7 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Young Teenager in his first season in the Uk going straight into the fence in his first ride must knock his confidence and fear factor 

Actually was pushed into the fence by some dirty riding . But that is racing isn’t it.

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, stevehone said:

Tom was out helping the 2nd half riders after the meeting.

I think Vissing was struggling from a neck injury after his tape exclusion, looked pretty nasty

Tom gave some fantastic advice to my lad last night discussing riding lines and showing him how to prepare his gate properly. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Another predictable uncompetitive championship match 

Too many, the gap between top and bottom is too big. Needs sorting for 2023.

2 hours ago, Wow68 said:

Actually was pushed into the fence by some dirty riding . But that is racing isn’t it.

He wasn't pushed in to the fence, typical first bend crash, he was touched but it wasn't dirty riding. 

Brennan's heat 13 win, the only highlight of a p#ss poor performance by Rogers men!

Tactical ineptness yet again by the manager....not that it would have made much difference.

Bottom line.... Poole are strong and Birmingham are woefully weak !

We are obviously operating on a budget, I totally understand this, but unfortunately, coupled with mis-management, it will be our demise!

2 hours ago, Wow68 said:

It's called hard riding! 

How long have you been watching speedway???

12 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Brennan's heat 13 win, the only highlight of a p#ss poor performance by Rogers men!

Tactical ineptness yet again by the manager....not that it would have made much difference.

Bottom line.... Poole are strong and Birmingham are woefully weak !

We are obviously operating on a budget, I totally understand this, but unfortunately, coupled with mis-management, it will be our demise!

Brennan was a good guest and it did look for a while we weren't going to have the predicted easy win but there was very little passing early on, racing was better later in the meeting with some good passes but Birmingham were just beaten by the better side in the end. Don't know what is up with Vissing, sad when you see a rider of his ability ride so badly but he wasn't the only one who rode poorly, Thompson looked a good guest but faded later in the meeting. Overall not a bad meeting and the Chicken Balti was pretty good too! 

• Like 1

When you think what brennans been thru in a relatively young career its amazing, a horrific crash where things were touch and go for a bit, family trauma etc. He is the one youngster that looks capable of getting properly on the world stage if things go his way the next 2-3 yrs. The result was predictable, theres just a huge gulf between best and worst in this league, as big as its ever been i think .

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

When you think what brennans been thru in a relatively young career its amazing, a horrific crash where things were touch and go for a bit, family trauma etc. He is the one youngster that looks capable of getting properly on the world stage if things go his way the next 2-3 yrs. The result was predictable, theres just a huge gulf between best and worst in this league, as big as its ever been i think .

The fact he's starting to break in to Poland and Europe can only enhance him up the escalotor as it did with Ty; Lambert and most recently Bewley.

If he can secure regular spot at Rawicz and in the U24 League once he is no longer eligible for U21 Events it won't do him any harm at all.

It's a double edged sword though as that reduces his UK options (unless the Poles loosen the restrictions) but with Belle Vue in the PL and Glasgow on a Friday in CL, hopefully he can remain in the UK Leagues for a while longer.

The adversity he's been through with injuries and his mom have no doubt strengthened him mentally and he deserves all the plaudits he gets.

The time he spent with young riders last night afterwards; when it would have been so easy to load up his van and vanish, as the majority do, was wonderful to see.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wow68 said:

By being last into the bend? That’s a new one.

39 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Fantastic ride.