British Speedway Forum
lbw

Birmingham vs Poole 25th May

11 hours ago, bluejam said:

The whole of the Brummies team have been disappointing this season so far even though I can't attend anymore:(

Change the team manager,the club beggar,I do everything behind the scenes without being paid etc.etc.Just maybe,maybe things will move on;)

If I'm out of of order with my comments then please let me know:neutral:

Please can the Brummies be a competitive outfit instead of just making up the numbers in the Championship league :(

You are totally right with your observations.

B'ham need to replace the manager, let him stay on and help organise the track (soon see if he's still as keen to be involved...)

But, to read that home fans were leaving around Heat10 last night is very worrying.

I think fans have lost respect/belief whilst Rogers is running the show.

Nice guy or not...it's not what's going to bring in the necessary fans/numbers.

Had a chat with the Brum promoter in the pits last night. They got a good deal on second ambulance so that hole is covered. They need more fans through the gate though. Thought the attendance was poor to be honest. Certainly not enough fans there.

Racing wise it was follow the leader for the first half. Riders tried but failed to make up ground on the rider in front. Stefan Neilsen was excellent for Brum with two from the gate wins before a great effort in his third where he blasted down the back straight passing the two Pirates before overcooking it and falling. With Brennan and to a lesser extent Sedgmen, Brum put up a fight in the first part of the meeting. But once Pirates got dialled in it was one way traffic.

The track improved and Ben Cook went from 4th to 2nd to give Poole a 5-1. All three Pirates heat leaders were good as was Drew Kemp, who has shown this season what he is capable of. Should be in the top 5 next GS? 

And a mention to Nathan Ablitt who saw off Person with ease.

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

It's called hard riding! 

How long have you been watching speedway???

idiot me here you go again - a lot longer then you that’s for sure - and just to add a lot closer to speedway then You as well. 

one thing for sure is I am sick of reading all you lot winge about the riders where 99% of you have never even ridden one. You are all such experts but have never seen you put any money into the sport - as for you GiveusaB put your hand up and be the team manager ! Simple - but no you would rather slag everyone off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Wow68 said:

idiot me here you go again - a lot longer then you that’s for sure - and just to add a lot closer to speedway then You as well. 

one thing for sure is I am sick of reading all you lot winge about the riders where 99% of you have never even ridden one. You are all such experts but have never seen you put any money into the sport - as for you GiveusaB put your hand up and be the team manager ! Simple - but no you would rather slag everyone off.

What nothing to say now GiveusaB ? Thought so! All of you are a mob of keyboard  try hards - What a joke ! Pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Wow68 said:

Have a lie down pal....it'll soon be time for your medicine!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GiveusaB said:

Have a lie down pal....it'll soon be time for your medicine!

Thought so - I look forward to the announcement next year that you are the new team manager and investor in the club.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wow68 said:

What nothing to say now GiveusaB ? Thought so! All of you are a mob of keyboard  try hards - What a joke ! Pathetic.

Give it a rest for christ's sake - people are entitled to their opinions whether you like it or not...

This is a discussion forum, not a playground for throwing around childish insults.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Osirian08 said:

Give it a rest for christ's sake - people are entitled to their opinions whether you like it or not...

This is a discussion forum, not a playground for throwing around childish insults.

If that’s the case all I see on this forum is insults towards the riders and the management? Sometimes the truth hurts.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Had a chat with the Brum promoter in the pits last night. They got a good deal on second ambulance so that hole is covered. They need more fans through the gate though. Thought the attendance was poor to be honest. Certainly not enough fans there.

Racing wise it was follow the leader for the first half. Riders tried but failed to make up ground on the rider in front. Stefan Neilsen was excellent for Brum with two from the gate wins before a great effort in his third where he blasted down the back straight passing the two Pirates before overcooking it and falling. With Brennan and to a lesser extent Sedgmen, Brum put up a fight in the first part of the meeting. But once Pirates got dialled in it was one way traffic.

The track improved and Ben Cook went from 4th to 2nd to give Poole a 5-1. All three Pirates heat leaders were good as was Drew Kemp, who has shown this season what he is capable of. Should be in the top 5 next GS? 

And don't forget Nathan Ablitt is making an appearance on Piratecast YT live thingy! At 7pm, if anyone is interested :t:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The Dog said:

Maybe they could talk Will Pottinger in to help on a short term basis to take the pressure off Laurence if they felt it was needed? 

He'd be an excellent addition to the set up at Brum:t:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wow68 said:

If that’s the case all I see on this forum is insults towards the riders and the management? Sometimes the truth hurts.

And it look like you're the one who's hurting :rofl:

So far as 'truth' goes...point of reference ? Adam Ellis signing ? where was the truth in that !?

Sorry Osirian08, I couldn't resist!

I'll behave now...

Wow68 ....if you don't like 'opinions' then you might be better off staying away from forums.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Can only think that Pearson was shook up, or damaged his equipment in his Heat2 fall ?

2 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

So far as 'truth' goes...point of reference ? Adam Ellis signing ? where was the truth in that !?

I'll behave now...

Wow68 ....if you don't like 'opinions' then you might be better off staying away from forums.

Boring - I was hoping for something a little better then that from you - considering how long it was for you to reply.

I have told you before - I have nothing to do with who the club signs or not - so irrelevant point in regards to Ellis.

1 minute ago, GiveusaB said:

Can only think that Pearson was shook up, or damaged his equipment in his Heat2 fall ?

Actually the chassis was bent and the pit crew only noticed after third ride.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I'll behave now...

There was a rumour last night that Adam Ellis left because they couldn't afford him, can't see that myself I would think there are other reasons why he went.