Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Turnip

Birmingham vs Poole 25th May

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Pirates  will be going to Perry Barr in confident mood after the draw at Glasgow. Always looking for the win us Pirates need to get off to a strong start as the Brummies will be giving it everything to beat us. Nielsen is a top chap and I'm sure he'll want to show the Pirates what they are missing. 

I'm going for us Pirates to win 47-43

:t:

Edited by Turnip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice that you are so confident, but Birmingham have a lot of strength in depth so I don't think it will be that easy! Also depends who they have in for Auty.

But I didn't think we would get a draw at Glasgow, so what do I know! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going up to Perry Bar on Wednesday and I agree that it won't be a walk In  the park

I am sure thst Poole will treat the Brummies with respect and will all need to be on form to get a result.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Nice that you are so confident, but Birmingham have a lot of strength in depth so I don't think it will be that easy! Also depends who they have in for Auty.

But I didn't think we would get a draw at Glasgow, so what do I know! 

I looked into my crystal ball and had guidance from the spirit ghost.........just so happens the spirit ghost is a Pirates fan :party:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shaleshifter said:

Going up to Perry Bar on Wednesday and I agree that it won't be a walk In  the park

I am sure thst Poole will treat the Brummies with respect and will all need to be on form to get a result.

At the mo I won't be there matey  :(  ,  probs make a late decision on & check me speedway accounts on Tuesday. Be a shame if I'm not with Perry Barr being on me door step, Travelodge rip off price. Found a cheap place but it's a trek to get to then it's another trek to the stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Turnip said:

At the mo I won't be there matey  :(  ,  probs make a late decision on & check me speedway accounts on Tuesday. Be a shame if I'm not with Perry Barr being on me door step, Travelodge rip off price. Found a cheap place but it's a trek to get to then it's another trek to the stadium.

Not sure how much you want to pay for a room but "The Great Barr Hotel" do rooms for around £50 . It's a nice part of North Brum & a 15 min walk along the Newton Rd to the Scott Arms where there are regular buses to town which stop very near the stadium. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

Not sure how much you want to pay for a room but "The Great Barr Hotel" do rooms for around £50 . It's a nice part of North Brum & a 15 min walk along the Newton Rd to the Scott Arms where there are regular buses to town which stop very near the stadium. 

Appreciate your help. Was looking at the Kingstanding Inn £46. Travelodge have put their price up to £90, was £60 when I stayed there for the original meeting. Will have a look at the Great Barr Hotel :t:  ;)

Yep, I am on public transport.

Edited by Turnip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

Not sure how much you want to pay for a room but "The Great Barr Hotel" do rooms for around £50 . It's a nice part of North Brum & a 15 min walk along the Newton Rd to the Scott Arms where there are regular buses to town which stop very near the stadium. 

Looks like this may be my best option, getting the train to Hamstead. Rooms are £70.  I used to 'ruff' it at the Park Hotel, well it was a roof over me head  ;), don't think u can book there anymore.

Once again, appreciate your help Dave :t:

Edited by Turnip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Looks like this may be my best option, getting the train to Hamstead. Rooms are £70. 

Once again, appreciate your help Dave :t:

No problem, the hotel is on the edge of a small upmarket housing estate . So much better than Kingstanding.:D

edit ... There's a bus service from Hamstead village that will drop you very close the Hotel.

Edited by Dave Jones
addition
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You may be better to get a taxi from Hamstead Station? There are diamond buses that do go through to West Bromwich that will drop you not far from the hotel, but I am not sure how frequent they are. The other number 16 buses terminate at Green Lane and the hotel is still quite a walk from there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, S4r4h said:

You may be better to get a taxi from Hamstead Station? There are diamond buses that do go through to West Bromwich that will drop you not far from the hotel, but I am not sure how frequent they are. The other number 16 buses terminate at Green Lane and the hotel is still quite a walk from there.

Does the 46 service still run?  It did when I lived there &  it would stop at Ray Hall Lane which is just a short walk to the Hotel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot about the 46! I think it may still run. As you were! Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The second strings/reserves will be won by bham, but we won't be able to compete with Pooles top 3....so I'm going for a Poole win 49-41

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

The second strings/reserves will be won by bham, but we won't be able to compete with Pooles top 3....so I'm going for a Poole win 49-41

That's the interesting part! Top heavy vs strength in depth! Be interesting to see how it pans out. At least this season we don't have to worry about each others track ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

That's the interesting part! Top heavy vs strength in depth! Be interesting to see how it pans out. At least this season we don't have to worry about each others track ;)

And the weather forecast looks good. That could change before Wednesday 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy