British Speedway Forum
steve roberts

Backtrack & Classic Magazines

On 5/29/2022 at 8:08 PM, TonyMac said:

Enjoy Slaski!

You (and others) might be interested to see some pics I got from Slaski at the weekend. It's obviously a very different modern stadium to the one that hosted many World Finals. But it still teems with history....the cable cars running by the stadium were something that rung a bell with me. There are also several homages to speedway's history in the stadium, though interestingly,  very little about PC's, Ivan Mauger's or Hans Nielsen's wins...most of it was around Jerzy Szczakiel's win.

IMG_20220605_141917.jpg

IMG_20220605_143615.jpg

IMG_20220605_135834.jpg

IMG_20220605_141901.jpg

IMG_20220605_142100.jpg

IMG_20220605_142337.jpg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, falcace said:

You (and others) might be interested to see some pics I got from Slaski at the weekend. It's obviously a very different modern stadium to the one that hosted many World Finals. But it still teems with history....the cable cars running by the stadium were something that rung a bell with me. There are also several homages to speedway's history in the stadium, though interestingly,  very little about PC's, Ivan Mauger's or Hans Nielsen's wins...most of it was around Jerzy Szczakiel's win.

IMG_20220605_141917.jpg

IMG_20220605_143615.jpg

IMG_20220605_135834.jpg

IMG_20220605_141901.jpg

IMG_20220605_142100.jpg

IMG_20220605_142337.jpg

I was there when Hans won...I hardly recognise the stadium from the picture!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

I was there when Hans won...I hardly recognise the stadium from the picture!

Yes, definitely been completely redeveloped, but still on the same footprint.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2022 at 9:49 AM, TonyMac said:

Initially, PC will be a printed softback (386 full colour pages). But it's very likely that it will evolve into an eBook edition too at some future date.

As for the other autobiography we have planned for next year, I'd rather not reveal the author at this early stage. But it's none of those you've mentioned.

I do hope it is from the 'BackTrack' era.:blink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The White Knight said:

I do hope it is from the 'BackTrack' era.:blink:

its bound to be. hope yr ok WK

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ch958 said:

its bound to be. hope yr ok WK

I'm fine thank you ch958. I don't get to Whitley Bay any more, or the Speedway. Very sad it closed at Newcastle though.

I hope everyone is OK with you..

• Like 2

Hi Tony! Any news as regards the magazines please?

Does anyone know if/when the last issue of the Backtrack magazine will be published? Is there a future for the magazine(s)?

• Like 2

Tony says he is in talks - we must await the result. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 2

Very sad news but it appears that the next edition will be the last.

I, for one, will miss the two magazines...from dropping thru' the letterbox I wouldn't put them down until having absorbed all the contents. At least I have the entire collections to browse thru' at my leisure reminiscing the good times!

May I take this opportunity in thanking Tony Mac, Susie and all the contributors over the years.

• Like 4

Has the (sadly) last Backtrack been issued? I've subscribed since day 1 but don't know it that covers the final issue. If not, how do I get a copy please?

On 10/26/2022 at 12:54 PM, paulboy said:

Has the (sadly) last Backtrack been issued? I've subscribed since day 1 but don't know it that covers the final issue. If not, how do I get a copy please?

Email Susie at retrospeedway@gmail.com to check status of your subscription, or to order the extra copy...
Thanks.

4 hours ago, TonyMac said:

Email Susie at retrospeedway@gmail.com to check status of your subscription, or to order the extra copy...
Thanks.

Saw a link on Facebook, ordered it last week thanks