British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Berwick v Glasgow CL 28/5/22 @7pm

17 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Every Village has an idiot you have graced here admirably in that role.

i dont live in a village , idiot .

so what shall i post next if i am so preedickable ?

8 minutes ago, jenga said:

i dont live in a village , idiot .

so what shall i post next if i am so preedickable ?

Going by your previous sh*te followed by more sh*te then a final footnote of well Sh*te.

I know it’s difficult but once you accept you are an idiot then being ridiculed becomes less stressful and your attempt at being a smart-arse less important. 

• Like 5

basso was meant to be in 15 with tom but had severe arm pump with the rough track and was struggling to hold on for his last few laps in ht 14 they tried to massage his fore arms and wrists but they were solid and his fingers were locked danyon was confident and asked for it and had been riding well all night and there we have it 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, mac101 said:

basso was meant to be in 15 with tom but had severe arm pump with the rough track and was struggling to hold on for his last few laps in ht 14 they tried to massage his fore arms and wrists but they were solid and his fingers were locked danyon was confident and asked for it and had been riding well all night and there we have it 

Is that true.

When Glasgow drew at home to Poole, Ostergaard was picked for heat 15 after a 5-1 in heat 13, despite not being a top 2 scorer. Maybe because of this Cook wasn't picked for heat 15 despite a heat 13 5-1?

Seems unfair on a manager if he's blamed for copying a heat 13 5-1 pairing one week, then blamed for not copying a heat 13 5-1 pairing the following week?

Edited by szkocjasid

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Hadn't ridden since heat 8. Nearly half the meeting before, tracks change

I do agree that could have come into play & chosen another rider.

4 hours ago, Jaizer said:

When you get a 5-1 in 13 why change?

Because that theory failed against Poole lol!

From where I was standing on the third bend you could see the track was different where the sun had been on it. The third and fourth bends (in the shade) seemed to catch a few out early on, Cook included. Seemed to settle down after a while. The track was definitely deeper than recent meetings. Seemed to benefit some more that others
The main difference was Glasgow being sharper from the traps and rider replacement not working in the home sides favour. Couldn’t been a lot worse if Cook hadn’t had a below par night. 

Bandits need a fit Jye Etheridge back pronto. He was virtually unbeatable around Shielfield before his injury. 

• Like 1

Once the track had been sorted out and settled down the second half of the meeting was better than the first with Glasgow much sharper from the tapes throughout and they deserved their win. Delighted to see Kyle Bickley looking much better in his later rides than in his first to where he looked all at sea, and good to see Flint back to form after his time out.

And then there`s the 5-1 draw ££££££££££ :D

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mac101 said:

Basso would've been the logical choice, but if he couldn't isn't this a situation where the team captain should step forward.

6 minutes ago, screm said:

Once the track had been sorted out and settled down the second half of the meeting was better than the first with Glasgow much sharper from the tapes throughout and they deserved their win. Delighted to see Kyle Bickley looking much better in his later rides than in his first to where he looked all at sea, and good to see Flint back to form after his time out.

And then there`s the 5-1 draw ££££££££££ :D

Congratulations :)

22 minutes ago, screm said:

Basso would've been the logical choice, but if he couldn't isn't this a situation where the team captain should step forward.

You would thinkGlasgow lost !!.It’s been explained.Why should the Captain step forward when he has had a poor evening( by his standard).He done what was best for the Team surely.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

You would thinkGlasgow lost !!.It’s been explained.Why should the Captain step forward when he has had a poor evening( by his standard).He done what was best for the Team surely.

He could’ve done it to give us the chance to heckle him again for his unusual poor showing? :lol:  Not often we get the chance to do it in regards to Cook :wink:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Actually thinking about this and reading back through the comments, including some of my own, I hope Danyon isn't reading this topic.

The young guy did well and contributed massively to Glasgow's win. Being selected for ht 15 would have been a confidence builder for him yet any good that came of that has probably been cancelled out.

So if you are reading this Danyon, thank you and onwards and upwards.

• Like 2