British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Wolves 26th May

Witches in all sorts of trouble here. Riss riding in the Long track of nations so R/R for him. That’s a huge blow because he’s clearly far far better than his 5 point starting average so because of that average, only Batch and the two reserves can take his rides. 

They’re “hoping” Starke is fit enough to come back in at reserve so he probably won’t be 100% even if he rides, and I understand both Batchelor AND King will ride even though they’re suffering with back and wrist injuries respectively. We could do with a rain off here! Or maybe the light bulbs need replacing this week?

Wolves will smell blood and they have a handful of riders who go very well at Foxhall. Away win for me. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

It's amazing so many blank dates these days & still manage to arrange a fixture that clashes with an international date.

Why does Danny insist on riding the outside line when it's clear that that line doesn't work?

Will certainly be a tough fixture, hopefully Ipswich will have enough to get though.

• Like 2

Gotta fancy an away win,,, I think Wolves teams often pick up decent results at Foxhall,, so a good chance of consecutive home losses,,, fortress Foxhall and that :rofl:

No Anders Rowe again, surely if Danyon is in the team you would put Anders at number 8

7 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Witches in all sorts of trouble here. Riss riding in the Long track of nations so R/R for him. That’s a huge blow because he’s clearly far far better than his 5 point starting average so because of that average, only Batch and the two reserves can take his rides. 

They’re “hoping” Starke is fit enough to come back in at reserve so he probably won’t be 100% even if he rides, and I understand both Batchelor AND King will ride even though they’re suffering with back and wrist injuries respectively. We could do with a rain off here! Or maybe the light bulbs need replacing this week?

Wolves will smell blood and they have a handful of riders who go very well at Foxhall. Away win for me. 

Is It Batch, Barker and the reserves? Or am i missing something:t: Still not ideal.

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Is It Batch, Barker and the reserves? Or am i missing something:t: Still not ideal.

Yes think you’re correct actually, although I’m unsure of Barker’s exact average. If Starke is fit enough, I’d expect him to get 7 rides anyway as he’s a much better bet than Barker who has looked pants at Foxhall quite frankly. I know he’s only had a couple of meetings, but he needs to do much more than he’s currently doing otherwise the swap with Heeps was pretty pointless. 

7 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Yes think you’re correct actually, although I’m unsure of Barker’s exact average. If Starke is fit enough, I’d expect him to get 7 rides anyway as he’s a much better bet than Barker who has looked pants at Foxhall quite frankly. I know he’s only had a couple of meetings, but he needs to do much more than he’s currently doing otherwise the swap with Heeps was pretty pointless. 

Barker is 4.48 so can be used. But as you say BB isn't going well so far, and has only averaged 3.00 in his 2 home meetings so far.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Barker is 4.48 so can be used. But as you say BB isn't going well so far, and has only averaged 3.00 in his 2 home meetings so far.

7.06 available and we came up with Ben Barker. Terrific stuff. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

7.06 available and we came up with Ben Barker. Terrific stuff. 

Sorry BB is 4.76, still under Erik's. We had trouble last season finding worth while replacements at Lynn.

7 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Sorry BB is 4.76, still under Erik's. We had trouble last season finding worth while replacements at Lynn.

My gripe is with Chris Louis’ statement in the press release. He “ briefly“ looked in to the European market for one particular rider but he was too expensive so quickly looked closer to home and Barker was the “obvious choice”. Why briefly? Why not have an extensive look around Europe and try and find some talent or was that too much effort? I don’t think for one minute it’s easy finding a suitable rider but at least make the effort. Barker was such a lazy lazy signing. Louis was right about one thing, he was definitely the “obvious choice” and that’s my issue with the signing. People on here were putting Barker’s name forward for weeks before he signed. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

3 is low,, but that's nearly double what Heeps average was 

7 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

My gripe is with Chris Louis’ statement in the press release. He “ briefly“ looked in to the European market for one particular rider but he was too expensive so quickly looked closer to home and Barker was the “obvious choice”. Why briefly? Why not have an extensive look around Europe and try and find some talent or was that too much effort? I don’t think for one minute it’s easy finding a suitable rider but at least make the effort. Barker was such a lazy lazy signing. Louis was right about one thing, he was definitely the “obvious choice” and that’s my issue with the signing. People on here were putting Barker’s name forward for weeks before he signed. 

That's the issue,,, Barker would have been OK in a double change to get that extra average needed to fit Klindt in for example. 

There are some preety decent young foreign riders out there that would have come in on a 4,,, and going by Louis statement,, not one of those were even sounded out

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Baldyman said:

That's the issue,,, Barker would have been OK in a double change to get that extra average needed to fit Klindt in for example. 

There are some preety decent young foreign riders out there that would have come in on a 4,,, and going by Louis statement,, not one of those were even sounded out

Sounds like Klindt wanted too much, the real problem is their are not enough riders of that ability available or want to come in the first place.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Sounds like Klindt wanted too much, the real problem is their are not enough riders of that ability available or want to come in the first place.

Wasn't Klindt they had a quick chat with,, if Polish speedway interviews are anything to go by.