Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Wolves 26th May

16 hours ago, Beowulf said:

Apart from TV I haven't seen Master ride 'live' at Ipswich, so this has passed me by. He's up against Doyle so it is a toughie, 12 would be a good return.

As ever he was excellent,  but thankfully he was beaten by both batch and Jason in heat 15 to give us the win.

8 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

The Regs don't say anything about making changes before 0% of League matches ...

What the speedway regulations don’t say is irrelevant.

The regulations says

A Premiership Transfer Window opens after 25% of the League fixtures are complete and closes when 75% of League fixtures are complete. This permits changes to the team on 2 occasions, except for proven long term injury.

Now considering no Premiership team is likely to complete 25% of its league fixtures until early June it’s clear both changes do not comply with the above rule.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

The regulations says

A Premiership Transfer Window opens after 25% of the League fixtures are complete and closes when 75% of League fixtures are complete. This permits changes to the team on 2 occasions, except for proven long term injury.

Now considering no Premiership team is likely to complete 25% of its league fixtures until early June it’s clear both changes do not comply with the above rule.

League fixtures. Doesn't say anything about the regional starter competition, and the BSPA/L must have decided the window only applied to League racing. The League hadn't started when the changes were made.

I think most people have agreed it's 25% of League fixtures, i.e. when 15 have been completed - which (assuming no postponements) is currently on Thursday, 2 June ... so 2 changes can be made after that, initially using the June Green Sheets.

I guess that if a team makes a change to replace three riders, you'll say that's more than two B)

10 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

The Regs don't say anything about making changes before 0% of League matches ...

This is why there are so many supplementry regs,because everyone(promotors)always try to twist the original reg that they have to supplement the original so that certain twist can't happen again.Expect another supplement on this rule for 2023.

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

League fixtures. Doesn't say anything about the regional starter competition, and the BSPA/L must have decided the window only applied to League racing. The League hadn't started when the changes were made.

I think most people have agreed it's 25% of League fixtures, i.e. when 15 have been completed - which (assuming no postponements) is currently on Thursday, 2 June ... so 2 changes can be made after that, initially using the June Green Sheets.

I guess that if a team makes a change to replace three riders, you'll say that's more than two B)

The last line is just another example of how poorly written the regulations are

Is it just 2 changes or as many changes as you wish on no more than 2 occasions?

And do the changes already 7made by Belle Vue and Ipswich count as part of this?

Ambiguity however I think is deliberate as it allows flexibility "in the best interests"

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

It reads until 25% of league fixtures are completed, and they haven’t been to date. Whether you, Uncle Tom cobbly or your mate from the pub agrees or not.

All this cobblers about Regional starter competition and the BSPL must have decided is just that - cobblers.

I am well aware that this change was allowed under 10.3.1, Board directors sole responsibility, best interests of the sport etc.

Certainly was in the best interests of Belle Vue and following on from that decision Ipswich as well.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

It reads until 25% of league fixtures are completed, and they haven’t been to date. Whether you, Uncle Tom cobbly or your mate from the pub agrees or not.

All this cobblers about Regional starter competition and the BSPL must have decided is just that - cobblers.

I am well aware that this change was allowed under 10.3.1, Board directors sole responsibility, best interests of the sport etc.

Certainly was in the best interests of Belle Vue and following on from that decision Ipswich as well.

Either way, the Regulations have been cobbled together, and the new "window" Regulation is unnecessarily vague, unhelpful, and - to be frank - totally useless.

I'm happy to keep stretching it, if only to keep winding you up, seeing as it seems to mean so much to you.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Siggytastic said:

So is it 25% of a teams fixtures or 25% of overall fixtures?

Exactly.

2 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Either way, the Regulations have been cobbled together, and the new "window" Regulation is unnecessarily vague, unhelpful, and - to be frank - totally useless.

I'm happy to keep stretching it, if only to keep winding you up, seeing as it seems to mean so much to you.

I don’t like cheating, it’s probably one of the reasons the sport is dying on its arse

Glad it cheers you up, I think it’s commendable your still in good spirits considering your a Witches supporter, let’s be honest you haven’t had much else to celebrate have you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

The regulations says

5 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

The problem is that you can both be right, as the rule about the Transfer Window does not have a start date. Does it apply:

1. From the point that a team announces its 1-7 which could be months ahead of the start of the season.

2. From the point of the first actual speedway meeting of the season involving two of the six Premiership teams.

3. From the point that an individual team rode its first meeting.

4. From the point of the first league meeting involving two of the six Premiership teams.

5. From the point that an individual team rode its first league meeting.

and then when do the 25% and 75% stipulations get triggered:

1. When an individual team meets these milestones.

2. When the last of the six teams reaches the respective milestone.

As far as I can see the answers to the above can only be by each individual’s interpretation.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, JamesB said:

The problem is that you can both be right, as the rule about the Transfer Window does not have a start date. Does it apply:

1. From the point that a team announces its 1-7 which could be months ahead of the start of the season.

2. From the point of the first actual speedway meeting of the season involving two of the six Premiership teams.

3. From the point that an individual team rode its first meeting.

4. From the point of the first league meeting involving two of the six Premiership teams.

5. From the point that an individual team rode its first league meeting.

and then when do the 25% and 75% stipulations get triggered:

1. When an individual team meets these milestones.

2. When the last of the six teams reaches the respective milestone.

As far as I can see the answers to the above can only be by each individual’s interpretation.

The rule (as written) is not entirely clear. BUT It refers to 'initial declaration' which is not one of the options you give as there may be months between announcement of a proposed team and its acceptance by the BSPL which is the point at which an initially declared team comes into existence. As an alternative one could posit that the publication of the first set of green sheets [25 March this season] marks the point at which teams come into existence.

As I've said before the extent of the debate on this rule illustrates what a stupid idea it was in the first place.

• Like 1

Went to this last night , not a great meeting but a few decent races. Always enjoy my visits to Foxhall however sat in the stands there seemed a definite lack of enthusiasm except after heat 15 obviously. However, when I've gone in the past there was a group of massif fans making a cracking noise. Have they given up or told to tone it down

4 minutes ago, bruno said:

Went to this last night , not a great meeting but a few decent races. Always enjoy my visits to Foxhall however sat in the stands there seemed a definite lack of enthusiasm except after heat 15 obviously. However, when I've gone in the past there was a group of massif fans making a cracking noise. Have they given up or told to tone it down

My bell is at home with me on Thursdays at the moment

A horn or two in the same situation