British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Wolves 26th May

3 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

But surely that's the 1 dip into the foreign market they were talking about 

Oh 100%. Just the one dip mind :D

5 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

I’d hazard a guess that nobody on this forum has the phone numbers to all the riders across Europe to ascertain their availability. It isn’t their job anyway, it’s the job of those who run their speedway clubs. Surely a more proactive signing would be a talented youngster with an eye on the future? The fans would have supported that move I’d have thought even if he initially struggled whilst visiting tracks for the first time. Barker is in his 30’s and will never be more than a 4-5 pointer. 

Agree totally although I do think that teams are limited at the moment in terms of averages. I believe you have to change like for like but someone might correct me on that. But yes I'm sure Barker is a decent chap but it's hardly an inspiring signing!

Just got to hope Starke is fit enough to make a difference here because he really does make a difference for us. If we’re going to get away with one here then it’s the reserves that will pull us through as that’s one area of this Wolves team that we should be dominating. Hopefully Hume resumes where he left off against Sheffield. Doyle won’t have it all his own way either as we know Masters loves Foxhall and goes really well here, as do a few of the others in Wolves’ top 5. Tough meeting. 

Rasmus Jensen is riding well at the moment, why not sign another ex Swindon rider

3 minutes ago, Bash said:

Rasmus Jensen is riding well at the moment, why not sign another ex Swindon rider

Lovely rider, average too high for one change unfortunately. Would have to be another double change. We missed the boat with him. Many years ago he was very good friends with Heeps (still is) and he was touted for a ride here but we never took the plunge. 

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Lovely rider, average too high for one change unfortunately. Would have to be another double change. We missed the boat with him. Many years ago he was very good friends with Heeps (still is) and he was touted for a ride here but we never took the plunge. 

Depends who is changed,,, 

Oh yes,,, the good old let's give Bellego a chance and not sign Rasmus,,,,, how did that work out :nono:

Think history shows he turned Swindon into winners,, and we ended up getting rid of Bellego when it was to late 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

Depends who is changed,,, 

Oh yes,,, the good old let's give Bellego a chance and not sign Rasmus,,,,, how did that work out :nono:

Bellego is class, odd how it didn't work out. 

Just now, Bagpuss said:

Not on our track he wasn't,,, and weirdly never was even before we signed him,,,,, another one of the many WTF management decisions over the years

Just now, Bagpuss said:

Was for Swindon, the track suited him and his style. Foxhall not so much. Surprised though that someone else hasn’t took him on like a Sheffield for example. Maybe he’s happy giving Britain a miss these days. On a good average now mind. 

Please can anyone tell me if tickets are the same price at the gate as they are online, haven't been to Foxhall for over 4 years but if the weather stays OK am thinking of going tonight.

4 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Please can anyone tell me if tickets are the same price at the gate as they are online, haven't been to Foxhall for over 4 years but if the weather stays OK am thinking of going tonight.

Yes

• Thanks 1

Fingers crossed we get the Poole Danny and not the Ipswich Danny tonight :unsure:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Badge said:

Fingers crossed we get the Poole Danny and not the Ipswich Danny tonight :unsure:

Reading some of the Poole fans’ comments Badge, seems he hasn’t been quite on it this year for them either? Maybe Lisa will tell us more on that. I know when he came to see us after the meeting a few weeks back he had an ice pack on his wrist and he’s currently struggling a bit with an injury. 

13 hours ago, TB1 said:

Agree totally although I do think that teams are limited at the moment in terms of averages. I believe you have to change like for like but someone might correct me on that. But yes I'm sure Barker is a decent chap but it's hardly an inspiring signing!

(Previous replies deleted/lost!)

Teams can replace riders up to the points limit - hence Ipswich had over 7 points to use when they replaced Heeps. Because teams are normally close to the points limit, the replacements tend to have a lower average.

The BSPA has introduced a splendidly vague new Regulation this season whereby once the Prem started, there's a window between 25% and 75% of fixtures when replacements can be made. The 15th fixture (25%) is on 2nd June, by which time the new Green Sheets will be in operation, and teams will know how much scope they have to make changes, if required.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Reading some of the Poole fans’ comments Badge, seems he hasn’t been quite on it this year for them either? Maybe Lisa will tell us more on that. I know when he came to see us after the meeting a few weeks back he had an ice pack on his wrist and he’s currently struggling a bit with an injury. 

Yes he was definitely having treatment after his fall v Sheffield,  but last night he scored 12, so I would be happy with something like that 

• Like 1