British Speedway Forum
JanAndersen

Edinburgh - new home required….

Sad news. There was a rumour going about this was last season.

Lot of time and effort gone into Academy and the three other teams to have no alternative venue.

this is terrible news, its going to be a big ask to find a new home but I hope they can do it..

First went to Armadale in 2005. Each year I’ve noticed the new housing getting closer. It was only a matter of time

Like Lakeside and Peterborough we've all known that it would be a matter of when not if these stadiums would fall to redevelopment. On the plus side Edinburgh have one of the most stable promotions going and have I believe been actively searching for a new home.

The Monarchs have a dedicated following, I hope there is some good news for them soon.

• Like 1

Really hope find a new home. For all the banter we need each other really

• Like 1

Bad news. 20 mins from my inlaws in Falkirk.

Always enjoyed my visits.

This has been coming for years though I'm surprised it's taken this long 

I suppose Ingliston would be the dream - big stand in front of an oval field.

Always helps to have the council behind a speedway club. Fingers crossed you are able to find another site. 

13 minutes ago, ch958 said:

I suppose Ingliston would be the dream - big stand in front of an oval field.

Yes this would be perfect and would be easier (not easy) to draw crowds from Edinburgh.

2 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Is Linlithgow still there ?

Linlithgow is ,but the track isn’t.Not good news for Monarch fans.Hope something can be found.

28 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Yes this would be perfect and would be easier (not easy) to draw crowds from Edinburgh.

Think it s fair to say that Edinburgh Council have never been very supportive or helpful in finding a new home within the City.Wallyford comes to mind with the Stand structure built for the supposedly new Grey hound Stadium being there for at least 20 years but no sign of Stadium,even that has been sold on now to a business.It was just a big con by some Irishman to get the housing development up and running,he had no intentions of building the Stadium.