British Speedway Forum
Col

26.05. Tigers v Aces - league

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Walking the league? We are continually been told it's the closest one ever and everyone is level and anyone can win it! 

Despite Sheffield's flying start (ignoring the Wolves hiccup) I still think this is the closest it's been for years and anyone really could win it. We're not making any assumptions in Sheffield as to how the season will pan out. A dip in form here, the odd injury there, anything can happen before October.... and then there's monkeypox!

Edited by 4thbender
omission
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

You’re all debating pay based on someone reporting what one ‘fan’ told him lol

That's what forums are built on, gossip and bulls hit :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Hey, i resemble that remark:approve: . Nothing to do today until the GP is my excuse, and i'm sticking to it:P

Edited by Bald Bloke

On 5/27/2022 at 6:36 PM, 4thbender said:

In your critique of the Tigers' performance you completely omitted to mention the performance of Cook. This was by far and away his best performance in blue and yellow and his 8 +3 after 4 heats made him top scorer. He was fully deserving of his extra ride in heat 15. He seems to actually be enjoying his stint at Sheffield and even acknowledged the crowd's cheers on the 4th bend after his win in heat 8. 

Top points for sheer guts go - as usual - to Kyle. I reckon he's the best captain in the league. He may lack the finesse of a Holder and the panache of a Musielak, but for 150% commitment to the team cause he can't be faulted. He's the engine room of the team and Damien should give him a contract for life.

I think you are knit picking TBH. I had driven to & from Sheffield - 170 miles and it was late.

Cook did deserve his heat 15 outing, whether Stead would have put him in heat 15 if the match result depended upon it will never be known.

What I had intended to comment on Cook was... Cook's up & down Owlerton form was always going to be up rather than down when Belle Vue were the opponent's.

I was more disappointed with Fricke, Kurtz & Zagar than impressed by Cook.

18 hours ago, Col said:

I was more disappointed with Fricke, Kurtz & Zagar than impressed by Cook.

You can't please some people! When a bloke top-scores against a much-fancied team you have to give him his due. Their top three might have been less than impressive, but Cook can only beat the riders that come to the tapes alongside him, and that's what he did.

• Like 1