British Speedway Forum
Col

26.05. Tigers v Aces - league

15 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

Should of kept Allen,foolish

Scored more with Allen in the team

And if the BV supporter i was talking to last night is correct Zagar was about £800 a point last night, not including bonus points.

Edited by The Third Man
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Third Man said:

And if the BV supporter i was talking to last night is correct Zagar was about £800 a point last night, not including bonus points.

That’s astonishing and why speedway is in the financial mess it is in. How can paying this level of money be sustainable. Plus he’ll probably have his airfares and hotels paid on top all for 4/5 minutes work. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

That’s astonishing and why speedway is in the financial mess it is in. How can paying this level of money be sustainable. Plus he’ll probably have his airfares and hotels paid on top all for 4/5 minutes work. 

i was told they have a sponser who is paying half, as i said just told it by a BV fan, don't know if its true, but they were desperate

14 hours ago, The Third Man said:

Sounds completely OTT. Bt even if we assume it's half that then

19 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

i was told they have a sponser who is paying half, as i said just told it by a BV fan, don't know if its true, but they were desperate

£400 x 10 pts per meeting (from 5 rides should be achievable for a rider of Matej's calibre) x 20 meetings (ignoring Summer doodah and play-offs) x 50%: gives:

£40,000

That would be one he'll of a sponsorship :unsure:

The same discussion took place on the forum last time Zagar was at Belle Vue. The question is is he value for money, and in my opinion a definite NO.

This Belle Vue team must be one of the most expensive  they have had in recent years, and looking at their current form the management are not going to get any reward out of it. Early days, but I have my doubts.

16 hours ago, The Third Man said:

Yeah Allen scoring 0 there last time made us so much better.

so a fan told you that and you believed them lol! Do you believe everything someone tells you?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, wtf said:

My concern for Belle Vue is that too many times Fricke in particular goes missing in the first part of meetings. Sure he gets going in the later stages and his scores over the whole night don't look too bad, but by then, often the meeting is lost. Your #1 sets the tone for the meeting. in 3:4 home meetings Belle Vue have conceded a 5:1 in heat one. He needs to be more competitive in Heat 1. That would be a concern. Brady goes missing on occasion too. Can be very inconsistent. Wright does seem to be the only one who even if he doesn't have speed or the perfect set up will actually fight and not give up.

Fricke has been poor this year in Poland and Sweden too but then suddenly pulled out that outstanding SGP win in Warsaw from no where. I’m not concerned at the moment, we know what he can do and sure he will perform at business end of the season. 

18 hours ago, 4thbender said:

Do they still look like the real deal? looks more like a dud deal to me.

17 hours ago, TTT said:

Not anymore they don't. I've way overrated them tbh. 

HL's have been a huge let down. Fricke has been very poor for a GP rider, Kurtz has been very inconsistent and Zagar would be a perfect fit for our Dad's Army side going by his performances in the engine room this season. 

Charles Wright has been good though.

Couple wins you saying going to win the league, now after a defeat at Sheffield saying    overrated lol. Was you saying that about Sheffield last week when they lost to Wolves.

Nothing is won in May, only need to finish in top 4 then it all starts. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Fricke has been poor this year in Poland and Sweden too but then suddenly pulled out that outstanding SGP win in Warsaw from no where. I’m not concerned at the moment, we know what he can do and sure he will perform at business end of the season. 

Couple wins you saying going to win the league, now after a defeat at Sheffield saying    overrated lol. Was you saying that about Sheffield last week when they lost to Wolves.

Nothing is won in May, only need to finish in top 4 then it all starts. 

I wondered where you got to after Thursday night's battering. You normally pipe up within seconds. That battering really must have hit you for six or in Belle Vue's case 18.

With the line-up Belle Vue have got they really should be walking this league. Not my fault if your club continue to be serial underachievers is it Mr. Beck?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

Sounds completely OTT. Bt even if we assume it's half that then

£400 x 10 pts per meeting (from 5 rides should be achievable for a rider of Matej's calibre) x 20 meetings (ignoring Summer doodah and play-offs) x 50%: gives:

£40,000

That would be one he'll of a sponsorship :unsure:

No i was told he is on £4000 per meeting, which is why i said he was on £800 per point on Thursday

Edited by The Third Man
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TTT said:

I wondered where you got to after Thursday night's battering. You normally pipe up within seconds. That battering really must have hit you for six or in Belle Vue's case 18.

With the line-up Belle Vue have got they really should be walking this league. Not my fault if your club continue to be serial underachievers is it Mr. Beck?

Walking the league? We are continually been told it's the closest one ever and everyone is level and anyone can win it! 

17 hours ago, The Third Man said:

If that supporter is anywhere near correct, then Zagar and Fricke being a GP rider won't be cheap either, would almost take BV's gate money i would of thought. If both scored say 10 from 5, home and away one week. Thats 20 x£800 for Zagar and if Max is on £250 a pop x20. Even if Zagar is sponsored half of  that it's  still £8k and £5k out of one home meetings takings . :blink:

Edit.... Just seen the Third Mans post..  But still very good money, £4k a meeting for a 6-7 point rider..:blink:

Edited by Bald Bloke

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Walking the league? We are continually been told it's the closest one ever and everyone is level and anyone can win it! 

On paper Belle Vue are clear imo. But like JTS said the other day Speedway isn't ridden on paper.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

No i was told he is on £4000 per meeting, which is why i said he was on £800 per point on Thursday

Think it was £3k last time he was here..

With, again, a big wedge of it getting paid by sponsorship..

Bottom line is, if it is affordable then why not do it?  

Even if the figures are correct which they may very well be/not be*

* Delete as applicable...:rolleyes:

Crowds seem "quite good" from the two league matches I have been to this season, and the PCM was a "proper bumper one"...

1500/1700 or so paying £20 (ish), on average, isn't too bad a return I would think even after VAT paid..

1 hour ago, The Third Man said:

Which is exactly the figure I took!

You’re all debating pay based on someone reporting what one ‘fan’ told him lol