British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
chunky

Fave Progs

2 hours ago, falcace said:

I also really, really liked the cover for the 1984 Exeter Speedway programme....I'm not entirely convinced they got the full approval of Bruce Penhall ;)

Aamazing how many progs used cartoons of other riders in the home team colours, eh? We had Bruce Cribb in Dons colours...

3 hours ago, chunky said:

Aamazing how many progs used cartoons of other riders in the home team colours, eh? We had Bruce Cribb in Dons colours...

Surely no-one can beat Zielona Gora's use of a prominent Disney star...they are literally taking the Mickey :o

• Haha 1

My favourite programmes is my complete collecton of Speddway -Wills-Internationale programmes that took me several years to obtain. The hardest one for me to obtain was the Harringay Final programme, as I kept being outbid. But nevertheless I collected them all in the end.

Edited by RobbieB
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, RobbieB said:

My favourite programmes is my complete collecton of Speddway -Wills-Internationale programmes that took me several years to obtain. The hardest one for me to obtain was the Harringay Final programme, as I kept being outbid. But nevertheless I collected them all in the end.

How much does that Harringay programme go for?

Asking for a friend who might have gone to the meeting and still has his programme...:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, norbold said:

How much does that Harringay programme go for?

Asking for a friend who might have gone to the meeting and still has his programme...:rolleyes:

Hi Norbold

I think I paid around £15--£20 for the programmes. But I have seen a excellent condition programme go for between £30-£50 which is surpringing for a vastly printed programme from 1961. Each copy has a unique number on the front cover.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RobbieB said:

Hi Norbold

I think I paid around £15--£20 for the programmes. But I have seen a excellent condition programme go for between £30-£50 which is surpringing for a vastly printed programme from 1961. Each copy has a unique number on the front cover.

Thanks Robbie. So I...er, I mean, my friend.....won't be able to set up an offshore account on its proceeds then.

1 minute ago, norbold said:

Thanks Robbie. So I...er, I mean, my friend.....won't be able to set up an offshore account on its proceeds then.

You- sorry your friend doesn`t need the money :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

You- sorry your friend doesn`t need the money :D

I...er, he...does after buying petrol to get to the West Ham reunion a couple of weeks ago!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just out of interest, what are the real rarities and the most expensive programmes ?

47 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Just out of interest, what are the real rarities and the most expensive programmes ?

High Beech 17 February 1928.

7 minutes ago, norbold said:

High Beech 17 February 1928.

And how much?

1 hour ago, chunky said:

And how much?

As a former employee of The British Museum I am not allowed to give valuations...

17 minutes ago, norbold said:

As a former employee of The British Museum I am not allowed to give valuations...

:(

Did find a Times report on Nick Barber from 2007 and it stated the most expensive programme in his collection was a High Beech one estimated at 250 pounds. So i guess the price has risen somewhat since then

2 hours ago, chunky said:

And how much?

Better know as 19 February 1928, the highest one that has sold is 5000 quid.

Next is probably Celtic Park at just over 1000.

Closest is my collection is the Warrington England v The Rest for 900.