British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
chunky

Fave Progs

Modern day rarity is Poole 1958 England v Australasia Test match, it never ran and the programmes were never released except for a few that were mailed out before the event, I know of only 6 in existence. All have a fold down the center where they were put in envelopes for mailing. This one can go for as high as 200 quid.

A 1930s World Final Programme from Wembley recently sold on eBay for over £300.

Also, someone recently bought a late 1920s Middlesbrough programme for over £400.

• Like 1

In my Internationale programmes collection I do have one from 1970 that has Jimmy Ogisu signature.

Jimmy Ogisu.jpg

Edited by RobbieB
  • Like 2

I ain't selling my programmes whatever the price-just in the interest of research though-how much could I get for my treasured Newport v. Long Eaton Southern League meeting held in July 1964, heavily marked with indecipherable substitution notes. Unlike Norbold however I am not asking for a friend as I don't have any!!!

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 5:40 PM, RobbieB said:

In my Internationale programmes collection I do have one from 1970 that has Jimmy Ogisu signature.

Jimmy Ogisu.jpg

Now that is a genuinely unusual and interesting collectors item. :t:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arnieg said:

Now that is a genuinely unusual and interesting collectors item. :t:

Just got this programme purely by chance when researching the Internationale by purchasing numerous programmes to check heat results and times. It most likely only cost me about £1.

Edited by RobbieB
  • Like 1

I was going to ask did he sign it in Japanese and then you edited the post and gave me the answer. Great stuff 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iris123 said:

I was going to ask did he sign it in Japanese and then you edited the post and gave me the answer. Great stuff 

Hi Iris123

I only edited the post after I had dug out the programme from my collection to show Jimmy's autograph.

I brought the programme on eBay but it must have been signed by someone Japanese or knows how to write Japanese by yhe way the characters are written.

Edited by RobbieB

20 hours ago, BOBBATH said:

I ain't selling my programmes whatever the price-just in the interest of research though-how much could I get for my treasured Newport v. Long Eaton Southern League meeting held in July 1964, heavily marked with indecipherable substitution notes. Unlike Norbold however I am not asking for a friend as I don't have any!!!

You should get a Buck two ninety eight for that one Bob......LOL

It got lost sometime during several house moves, but mine was the 1968 High Beech 40th. Anniversary of British Speedway meeting, signed by every current and former rider I could collar.

• Like 1

Bought the entire set of New Cross home 1963, for 7 quid. My first year of attending. Have 1960 Swindon v New Cross. The Ox v Glasgow prog from 2 weeks ago is an excellent read. Bruv from Oz attended, adding to his collection of 510 programmes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Bought the entire set of New Cross home 1963, for 7 quid. My first year of attending. Have 1960 Swindon v New Cross. The Ox v Glasgow prog from 2 weeks ago is an excellent read. Bruv from Oz attended, adding to his collection of 510 programmes.

I had the entire Oxford set from 1972 to 2003...alas no longer!

• Confused 1

At a different level perhaps but programnes for the rained off  Glasgow Open Championship in September 1967 are pretty scarce.

4 hours ago, Beirao said:

At a different level perhaps but programnes for the rained off  Glasgow Open Championship in September 1967 are pretty scarce.

Rain-offs are infuriating for collectors. Were the progs printed, pulped or re-used and, if the latter, with or without an insert.