British Speedway Forum
Al Stewart

Edinburgh v Birminham (Championship) 27th May

Casting aside the club's problems for the moment, Friday's match at Armadale could be close in spite of Birmingham's pretty bad showing at home on Wednesday. The absence of James Sarjeant is a hard one to cover.

Friday 27th May: Edinburgh Monarchs v Birmingham Brummies (Championship), Armadale, 7:30pm

WTF MONARCHS: Sam Masters (capt.), Lasse Fredriksen, Kye Thomson, Paco Castagna, Josh Pickering, Jacob Hook, Greg Blair (guest).

CURTIS-SPORT BRUMMIES: Claus Vissing, Stefan Nielsen, Justin Sedgmen, Ashley Morris (capt.), Tom Brennan (guest), James Shanes, James Pearson

Saturday 28th May: British Youth Championship 2nd round at Armadale, 2:30pm. 30 heats of action in competitions at 125cc, 250cc and 500cc level featuring the stars of the future and including some Monarchs Academy prospects.

Even though Speedway Star doesn't say so, BOTH of these meetings will be Live Streamed by Edinburgh (as will every Armadale meeting this season). It might seem mad to have two streams - BSN are also there on Friday - but Edinburgh have their own regular customers who we want to keep faith with.

18 minutes ago, Brummies_Ste said:

Claus Vissing is injured & R-R is now in place

Injured or can’t be bothered after his horror show on Wednesday.

• Haha 1

Just now, Mr Blobby said:

Almost strangled by the tapes

Did look painful to be fair. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Blobby said:

Think that’s what you get with Claus when he can’t be bothered.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Isn't Tom supposed to be in Prague on Friday?

Do they use local reserves on the night to save unnecessary travel?

1 minute ago, JanAndersen said:

I'm not sure tbh, just been mentioned elsewhere he was first reserve. Maybe that means for if someone pulls out rather than on the night?

50 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I'm not sure tbh, just been mentioned elsewhere he was first reserve. Maybe that means for if someone pulls out rather than on the night?

Yes that’s what I was thinking. Czechia is a bit of a trek for someone to in all likelihood not even turn a wheel. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JanAndersen said:

Considering the German girl got the wildcard, think Tom would be a bit miffed if he had to travel just to be the reserve one the night.Bit of a joke really.If some pulled before hand that’s different.

Brennan is first reserve for the Competition not first reserve for the meeting. He will only be in if one of the 15 permanent riders is injured. Or at Cardiff when i'm sure he'll be the Wildcard.

• Thanks 1

It's going to  be tough without a guest for CV....but it might just gel the rest of the guys and up their team spirit and all that.

I think the lads can score what CV would've scored had he rode!

All we can ask is that they give it their all....

Hope CV feels better asap!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Brummies_Ste said:

Almost strangled by the tapes

Did look painful to be fair. 

He didn't break the tapes but hung himself on them. Must have burnt his neck quite badly. 

I notice Claus was excluded for getting strangled by the tapes, didn't the rule used to be your bike had to hit the tapes? 

Hopefully back on a bike soon :t:

13 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Brennan is first reserve for the Competition not first reserve for the meeting. He will only be in if one of the 15 permanent riders is injured. Or at Cardiff when i'm sure he'll be the Wildcard.

It's the British Champion that gets the wildcard at Cardiff so Tom will av to win that :t:

If not, he'll be a reserve.

Edited by Turnip