British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Peterborough 30/05/22

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Niels was top as you say, but somehow his average changed as you say on the 26th. The rolling aves on 19th although not usable then had Niels 7.63, Lawson 7.50 and JP 7.31. The new usable GSA comes out on the 1st June, but as Niels come into effect on the 26th, it now makes Richard on top of our averages before the 1st of June on 7.50, and will go up to 7.84 on June 1. Thats how i see it, but as you know i'm not the sharpest tool in the box where averages are concerned.

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

On the latest green sheets it has Pickering above Lawson and the new averages don't come into effect until the 1st of June as per norm.Obviously their averages change every match due to those now rolling but they still only change every month to determine riding positions.

I'm lost with all this now,whatever i will still be there tomorrow night.

For tomorrow's meeting Josh Pickering should be at No 1 for Kings Lynn

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Christ Nicholls at 5 

Ostergaard & Andersen need to be protected the most imo. Ostergaard has totally gone and Andersen is awful around Lynn.

MPT can carry Ostergaard while Harris who is good value around Lynn can carry Andersen. Nicholls can be partnered by Basso & MPT for at least 3 of his 4 rides and we all know what MPT & Basso are capable of around Lynn.

9 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Thought so Neil,thanks for the clarification. 

Edit:Just seen they have now changed it on the Kings Lynn v Peterborough preview,with Pickering at one tonight and then Lawson at one for June.Just as we had thought:D

Edited by tellboy

Forecast iffy for tonight. Hope that's not the winner

18 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

But Hans is on form just not for Panthers! But weird riding for one of the smallest tracks and one of the biggest. Would need separate engines for both, so prob just  got Plymouth ones set up better? Though bigger gap from Prem to Champ now as a fair few seem to have a bigger gap in their averages from one league to the other.

Hans is weird though, he runs gearing that no other riders run, he can make big track engines work on small tracks and vice versa. The reality is his finest skill is being able to win races whilst not being particularly quick. The truth is that's harder to do on the big wide spaces of the showground, belle vue, sheffield etc than the slightly more compact dimensions of somewhere like Plymouth. He's a bit old school in the sense that he's one of the few riders left who have genuine throttle control. (they all like to think they do, trust me, but he really does) You can always see him varying the throttle all the way round the lap. He did great earlier in the year at Ipswich for example. A more technical track where he was on a Max until Jason Doyle rather forcefully decided to express himself in heat 15.

Lynn is a tough place to defend, easier than Peterborough, Belle Vue or Sheffield, but Ipswich and Wolverhampton definitely suit Hans' skillset more these days.

• Like 1

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile phone number.

Thanks

8 minutes ago, wtf said:

Hans is weird though, he runs gearing that no other riders run, he can make big track engines work on small tracks and vice versa. The reality is his finest skill is being able to win races whilst not being particularly quick. The truth is that's harder to do on the big wide spaces of the showground, belle vue, sheffield etc than the slightly more compact dimensions of somewhere like Plymouth. He's a bit old school in the sense that he's one of the few riders left who have genuine throttle control. (they all like to think they do, trust me, but he really does) You can always see him varying the throttle all the way round the lap. He did great earlier in the year at Ipswich for example. A more technical track where he was on a Max until Jason Doyle rather forcefully decided to express himself in heat 15.

Lynn is a tough place to defend, easier than Peterborough, Belle Vue or Sheffield, but Ipswich and Wolverhampton definitely suit Hans' skillset more these days.

That makes a lot of sense :t:

14 hours ago, tellboy said:

What better way to celebrate her birthday than to bring her to speedway:)

I totally agree Tel :). But she don't like it i'm afraid. However i think i can get there in time for tapes up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

Thought so Neil,thanks for the clarification. 

Edit:Just seen they have now changed it on the Kings Lynn v Peterborough preview,with Pickering at one tonight and then Lawson at one for June.Just as we had thought:D

Have a gold star :D:wink:

Possible rain rather than just showers 2-6 today, not sure I'll be taking the chance this evening if that does transpire.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Have a gold star :D:wink:

Possible rain rather than just showers 2-6 today, not sure I'll be taking the chance this evening if that does transpire.

Some regular forecasts would be appreciated today as I expect a reasonable amount of Panthers fans will be planning to attend as normal.

Edited by bigcatdiary

50 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Some regular forecasts would be appreciated today as I expect a reasonable amount of Panthers fans will be planning to attend as normal.

I'm 25 miles east of Lynn so not sure if my weather reports will be much good but I'm sure others nearer to the AFA will join in later.

Forecast now much better. 

1.10pm 3-4 miles as the crow flies. 15 deg, a bit overcast, with sun breaking through at times.  No dodgy looking clouds.

I'll try and update every hour.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

It really is bizarre how the averages work, I can't follow the scenarios where Pickering is highest ... I'll look again.

Edit:  OK, got it now ... Pickering is indeed #1 just for tonight.

It really is a stupid rule that forces the top average rider to ride at #1 ... it can cause needless disruption to established line-ups and/or rider positions, and not every rider is suited to the #1 race jacket - although I'm sure Pickering will do a decent job.

Edited by Roger Jacobs