Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Edinburgh Monarchs 1st June

The Pirates take on the Edinburgh Monarchs this coming Wednesday after a three week gap without a home fixture. The last home meeting against the Berwick Bandits being rained off two weeks ago.

The Monarchs have in thier ranks a top two who are more than capable of lowering the colours of Pooles top three.

Josh Pickering was one of the best visiting riders to Wimborne Road last season. Sam Masters also rides Poole very well.

The Monarchs appear to have a long tail and I don't expect Jacob Hook or Lasse Fredriksen to score many points on thierf Wimborne Road debuts. Paco Castagna I am not sure if he rode at Poole for Birminghsm last season.

That leaves Kye Thomson and James Sargeant.

Kye  rode quite well on his debut at Poole last season before fading later on. James Sargeant has been around a while and seems to have gone backwards. 

Whilst you must not underestimate the Monarchs I expect the Pirstes to win this encounter and collect 3 points.

Thoughts?

19 minutes ago, Shaleshifter said:

The Pirates take on the Edinburgh Monarchs this coming Wednesday after a three week gap without a home fixture. The last home meeting against the Berwick Bandits being rained off two weeks ago.

The Monarchs have in thier ranks a top two who are more than capable of lowering the colours of Pooles top three.

Josh Pickering was one of the best visiting riders to Wimborne Road last season. Sam Masters also rides Poole very well.

The Monarchs appear to have a long tail and I don't expect Jacob Hook or Lasse Fredriksen to score many points on thierf Wimborne Road debuts. Paco Castagna I am not sure if he rode at Poole for Birminghsm last season.

That leaves Kye Thomson and James Sargeant.

Kye  rode quite well on his debut at Poole last season before fading later on. James Sargeant has been around a while and seems to have gone backwards. 

Whilst you must not underestimate the Monarchs I expect the Pirstes to win this encounter and collect 3 points.

Thoughts?

Yes, Kye was good on his debut but then got zero in KOC Final, so who knows what he is going to do! Quite hard to predict when they have a few riders who never rode at Poole yet! 

They did well at Glasgow though so be foolish for anyone to write them off. Looking forward to it though. 

Sargeant out for a while with injury.

Sarj 4.42 from 1st June, should be able to get a decent guest. 

Edit - depends who else riding on Weds but Ty Proctor, Dillon Ruml, Lee Complin, Dan Thompson. 

Edited by lisa-colette

Lasse must be a doubt after his off on Friday night, not forgetting WTF Monarchs are at Plymouth on Tuesday where anything can happen. If your going take a few pens.

Its r/r for Lasse at 2 and Jason Edwards at reserve (7) for Sargeant. Only Paco and the reserves can take the r/r rides.

Edinburgh no threat but hopefully they make the gate and give our boys some passing practice. Masters is certainly good at Poole as is Pickering. 3 points to Poole.

According to the meeting preview on the Poole website Masters has an unbeaten winning percentage of 68% and Richard Lawson's is 70%!! So H13 going to be interesting for sure! 

Monarchs got any former MX riders? If so they could spring a result, If they grew up on nice smooth tracks then will be an easy win for Poole 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Monarchs got any former MX riders? If so they could spring a result, If they grew up on nice smooth tracks then will be an easy win for Poole 

If they grew up on smooth tracks they should feel very much at home :party:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Nowt wrong with the Waves of Wimborne, us Pirates av always ridden them smoothly :party:

• Like 1

Once again, looking forward to my first visit to Wimborne Road this season after the Berwick rain off..........hopefully better look this time.

Edinburgh, team not looking as strong as they are known for but Masters and Pickering should provide some good entertainment. Especially looking forward to seeing Pickering ride as gives it his all for all 4 laps. Will be interesting to see how Castagna, Hook & Thomson get on around Wimborne Road but I can't see them troubling the Pirates engine room too much.

Pirates will be dominant overall though and I can see them winning 56-34. 

C'MON THE PIRATES :t:

• Like 1

Hopefully we will get a decent meeting instead of a whitewash score

• Like 1

You can have both! Sounds a decent meeting at Wolves racing wise and they are comfortably beating Sheffield. :t:

This is fact......it's World Parrot day today :D

So to all u Pirates out there look after yer parrot & your parrot will look after u! :t:

Happy World Parrot Day :party: :cheers:

.......do you want me to repeat that? :lol:

Edited by Turnip