British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Edinburgh Monarchs 1st June

The Cook brothers have improved quite a bit this season. Don't see Poole being stopped by anyone over two legs now.

What your announcer said about heat 14 and bomber Lisa I wish that was the case last night and then we might have sent the monarchs away with nothing like you guys did bomber was  shocking I hate saying that as well but I think he needs a couple of days off because he looked burnt out last night.

3 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

What your announcer said about heat 14 and bomber Lisa I wish that was the case last night and then we might have sent the monarchs away with nothing like you guys did bomber was  shocking I hate saying that as well but I think he needs a couple of days off because he looked burnt out last night.

Yes, that is true! At least he had today off I suppose! I think Peterborough are riding tomorrow? So be interesting to see how he does! 

Must be difficult to say no to a guest booking though as extra money coming in. I did joke the other day about him being burnt out by July but might be a real possibility! 

How old is Chris Harris? 40? Still a force to be reckoned with, especially when riding against Poole. A proper speedway servant to U.K. racing. Deserves a huge send off when the day arrives.

• Like 3

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

How old is Chris Harris? 40? Still a force to be reckoned with, especially when riding against Poole. A proper speedway servant to U.K. racing. Deserves a huge send off when the day arrives.

Don't think he's 40 as I'm not that yet and I think I am slightly older! Maybe 38/39?

Great to see a competitive meeting,, well done to the Monarchs for providing tough opposition.

Ben Cook, excellent performance especially to join Stevie in a heat 9 5-1 over Masters & Pickering.

Thankfully Drew got up from his spill without any serious injury & came out for 2 more rides. Cud easily av been a broken collarbone. Hope he wakes up with nothing more than bruising.

Great night's entertainment down at Wimborne Road :t:

C'mon the Pirates :party:

• Like 2

Felt the score line flattered us a bit with the fall and Ef. Paco on the road poor again which is frustrating as it’s costing us points on the road. 

Feel we are just a rider short of challenging.

9 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Felt the score line flattered us a bit with the fall and Ef. Paco on the road poor again which is frustrating as it’s costing us points on the road. 

Need a decent 3rd heat leader,after masters and Pickering not a lot to offer away,Pickering is great to watch but needs to improve his gating if he is to make the next step up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He will be 40 in November. 

Be interesting to see how Kemp is tomorrow, a bit more than winded.

masters as expected looked good and got the fastest time of the season in heat 1, but I think backup was a bit too inconsistent.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Turnip said:

Feels soooooo good to be in the land of the  Pirates :party:

Reet where are those wee Krankies? :D

Krankies. ROFL….

Edited by JanAndersen
  • Like 1

i think that was the best meeting this season at wimborne road . another good meeting next week we hope  .did noe expect to see drew out again after his fall 

again 

• Like 2

Good meeting on a very decent track. Potentially could've done with a bit more watering mid meeting, but I imagine the riders have a say on that as well.

Masters looked a threat all night, very quick especially against Stevie Worrall. Jason Edwards was a superb choice of guest as there is no way on earth that James Sarjeant would score 10. Pickering showed glimpses but aside from that, the rest of the Monarchs struggled.

Couple of unfortunate moments for the Pirates. Zach Cook's bike dying when on what seemed a nailed on 5-1 and Kemps crash. Surprised Kemp came out for his remaining rides as it seemed so awkward. Special shout out to Nathan Ablitt. A small error cost him a point against Edwards on bend four, lap four. It is still his apprenticeship year, and the rest of the side has been built to allow him to learn this year before hopefully kicking on.

ROTN, easily Ben Cook. His part in the 5-1 over Masters & Pickering in Heat 9 was amazing and his overtakes for a well deserved win in Heat 14 were outstanding.

• Like 1

Just been chatting to a young Monarchs fan at Poole station. He's off to Peterborough tonight & Belle Vue on Friday on the train meeting up with mates.

Great to see.

Both agreed that Monarchs should av got a point for their efforts.

There is younger support out there who like to travel to support speedway & by train the same as me. The myth is busted :t:

Kieran the Monarch, just guided him through the London underground to St.Pancras. 

And he'll also be at Leicester's double header on Sunday vs Berwick so I'll see him there :t:

Speedway, the real deal :t:

Edited by Turnip
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Very much the case - positions 2 & 4 looked to have been our potential weak spots since early on and with our senior reserve being injured also adds to the reliance on the other 3 to come up with big points for any chance of success.   Not an ideal combination if we have aspirations of being in the top six at play-off time, but you have to play with the hand that is dealt - so will have to wait and see if it is good enough.